Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 2L Diesel Service Intervals?

2014 2L Diesel.
    These parts are listed in the Service booklet but I can't find mention of their service intervals:
    • Air filter
    • Ribbed V Serpentine Belt
    • Toothed belt
    • Fuel filter
    • Transmission fluid
    • Brake fluid
    • Coolant

Anyone know?

That's how I do it:

All filters change at service every year or 8k with oil
    Brake fluid every 2 years
    Cambelt 5 years or 100k unless you have any noise coming from that area most likely water pump
    Aux belt and tensioner when needed, mine done 69k now and needs replacing

Coolant not sure but once you do water pump you will be changing anyway so mine gets changed every 5 years

Gearbox and that's for auto I would change 2/3 times as you cant get all out around 40k mark

Following my own principle I never had a belt snapped, I dont follow piss poor advice from manufacturers where they claiming fuel filter every 2 years ect.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hello Asktoby.
      Good advice above from ade555 .
      But if it's an unknown car I would replace everything and start afresh .
      With my cars I do -
      Oil + filter + air filter + cabin filter+ fuel filter every 3 months regardless
      Brake fluid + coolant every 2 years
      Auxiliary belt + tensioner every 2 years
      Cambelt + water pump + tensioner + yet again coolant every 4 years
      Transmission fluid ( manual or auto ) every 2 years
      Spark plugs ( if petrol ) once a year
      But there again I'm always cautious so it probably looks very OTT to most .
      But if you are talking about Vauxhall service program intervals, then the intervals are time / mileage based rather than what I do above .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
        Oil + filter + air filter + cabin filter+ fuel filter every 3 months regardless
        Wow! Thats really looking after the car.

It seems near impossible to actually find the schedule that VX work from unless you know someone. I always ask what they've done and they generalise so much. I want to know exactly whats been touched or changed on my car!

From what I've worked out, VX main dealers will do:

1st year/20k: Interim service - Oil/filter (4.5litres)
        2nd year/40k: Main service + brake fluid - oil/filter, pollen, fuel filter, keyfob battery
        3rd year/60k: Interim service - oil/filter
        4th year/80k: Major service - oil/filter, pollen, fuel filter, keyfob battery, air filter
        5th year/100k: Interim + Cambelt: 100,000miles/6yrs

Always good to fill in the gaps in the official schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrow View Post
          Wow! Thats really looking after the car.

It seems near impossible to actually find the schedule that VX work from unless you know someone. I always ask what they've done and they generalise so much. I want to know exactly whats been touched or changed on my car!

From what I've worked out, VX main dealers will do:

1st year/20k: Interim service - Oil/filter (4.5litres)
          2nd year/40k: Main service + brake fluid - oil/filter, pollen, fuel filter, keyfob battery
          3rd year/60k: Interim service - oil/filter
          4th year/80k: Major service - oil/filter, pollen, fuel filter, keyfob battery, air filter
          5th year/100k: Interim + Cambelt: 100,000miles/6yrs

Always good to fill in the gaps in the official schedule.
          3 months may sound OTT but then he might do lot of mileage in that time, so all depending what you as individual doing,.

Looking at the VX service schedule I'm glad my car is not looked after main dealer, 40K before they touch fuel/air filter? Hmm look after car and it will look after you that's my moto.

Comment

The reason why I change my oil so regular, stems from when I brought my first diesel back in 2003 ,I was gob smacked how quickly the oil changed black.and not likeing that colour .
            I have 2 diesel cars ( 9-3 and a qashqai) .and 2 petrol ( 9-3 turbo X and a Vectra GSI ) . they all get the same oil interval . also with the diesels I keep the EGR .MAF.MAP, and inlet manifold clean .I'm just a bit anal about things.

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
            X