P0008 p0017 2.8 v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0008 p0017 2.8 v6

Hi are these codes telling me my timing is stretched p0008 engine position system performace bank1 and p0017 crankshaft camshaft position correlation bank1 sensor b these come on now and again all help appreicated guys and if it is a timing chain replacement time any one sugguest a good.mechanic cheers

Hello Yaza01 .
    Dose the engine sound rattley at the timing end of the engine ?
    P0008 dose suggest worn out worn out timing chains , gears , chain guides .
    You always know if you look at the code P= power train . First number 0 = generic code second number 0= fuel / air , third number 08 = engine position performance bank 1 .
    You may be lucky and could just be worn out or broken wire to either cam / crankshaft sensor .
    P0017 suggests crank and camshaft positioner in bank 1 are not in sync with each other on some engines it can suggest a blockage or partially blocked oil pathway in the oil control valve filter , but where that is ???
    A good mechanic?
    You don't show your location so that's guess work .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

West midlands mate cheers

Comment

I have the same problem P0017. i changed the set of chains but again it shows the same problem P0017. Has anyone solved that problem?

Thanks

Nenad M.

Послато са SM-N975F помоћу Тапатока

Comment

hello ShoneSRB.
          this thread is from 2019 and most of the participants don't come on any more
          Best bet is to start a new thread outlining your issues
          What codes you have ,what you have done
          and first and foremost
          Age of insignia Engine type, engine code
          Mileage ,where you come from

It all helps with the answers.

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

P0017 in the Opel Insignia is predominantly caused by a few different things. It is typically thrown when the Crankshaft Position Sensor and the Camshaft Position Sensor are out of alignment by a certain number of degrees, or if there is an issue with the wiring, or one of the sensors themselves may have
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
            X