Sat nav update dvd 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,

So i Purchased a 2019-2020 Map DVD to upgrade my DVD-800, after checking that my car was the MY09 version....

It updated the Firmware and seemingly updated the maps also... but... it doesn't seem to be a very new map, at best guess i would say its the 2014 maps with a new face on the DVD. (it doesn't have the east Anglia northern distributer road which opened in 2018)

Just beware is all I'm saying, it looks like the official site shows that the latest version for this model is the 2014 maps, (https://here.navigation.com/product/...B/HEREEMEA/GBP) (WHAT A BARGAIN!!)
    so if you want newer please set your expectations accordingly, but anything stating to be newer is false, also to add, it doesn't allow me to copy/save the maps to my unit either, so its now a disc in jobby. but its newer than the 2009 maps i started with so not a total loss.

Here is a piccy of the DVD just incase ya'll are interested, and yes it is burned to a DL DVD so if you want to burn yourself one, you'll need to do it to a DL (Dual Layer) DVD

PS these circulating non-offical DVDs are not technically pirated as they don't use quite the same maps as provided by NAVTEQ ill see if I cant get it ripped and post a link to drobox or similar, provided i cant find a breach of the forum rules on this topic.

Thanks

Comment

You will have to insert the disk and go into the menu settings of your navigation.
      It will ask you to update and you will only be able to save 1 map at a time.
      You can't save UK & Ire and France it's 1 or the other I'm afraid.

Once you have updated the map check again to see if it's updated properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick J View Post
        You will have to insert the disk and go into the menu settings of your navigation.
        It will ask you to update and you will only be able to save 1 map at a time.
        You can't save UK & Ire and France it's 1 or the other I'm afraid.

Once you have updated the map check again to see if it's updated properly.
        Yer thats what you 'should do' unfortunately you can select the maps, but the confirm button is not there. as when selecting it should then add a confirm button to the top of the list but no joy on this one

Comment

I think if I can remember you have to delete the old map then install the update
          The installation is best performed with the engine running or take it for a spin
          As long as you have enough fuel
          Because at the moment every Jarhead is panic buying .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            I think if I can remember you have to delete the old map then install the update
            The installation is best performed with the engine running or take it for a spin
            As long as you have enough fuel
            Because at the moment every Jarhead is panic buying .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
            ENGINE RUNNING?!?!?! why didnt i think of this! haha started car and low and behold the confirm button appears Thanks very much both of you! all sorted although managed to confirm its only 2014 maps on the disc but its still 5 years newer than the 09 i had before so not all bad

Comment

Working...
            X