Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Vehicle soon !!!

HELLO EVERYONE ,

Firstly I’d like to say thanks for having me I’m new .. I suffer with dyslexia So my punctuation and spelling might be abit off so apologies in advance.

I serviced my 2010 Insignia @ 78000 just last mouth in fact .

Just before I serviced it I was getting a service vehicle soon light displayed on the dash . I’m having a problem occasionally when giving it big bananas it goes into a limp mode and losses power then it picks up !!

My service I changed oil all the filters glow plugs so in my eyes it had a good amount done . I do about 26k a year driving so I make sure it’s well looked after .

I was getting frustrated with the service vehicle soon light coming on so I bought a “Autel MaxiDiag Elite MD802 Full System OBD2 Scanner Code Reader with Live Data, Oil Service Reset, EPB Multifunctional Scan Tool” as I would be doing the rear brakes soon I though best have someone that was bit better than the DIY job .

Plugged it in and on the occasion when I get the loss in power it stores a code

I get this code p2282 mass air flow sensor performance.

I looked into what it could be at if people said inter cooler pipe . The inter cooler pipe isn’t split I had removed it and inspected it .. the was a film of oil on the pipe which I have clean and I’m monitoring.

Also I’m getting glow plug 3/4 low voltage.. I have replaced the glow plug mod with a genuine Vauxhall part . Still I’m getting the code come up ..

Sorry if I’m waffling I’m not a mechanic just at a loss and help or suggestions welcome ..

Paul

Need to test the glowplugs with a multimeter to see what reading you get----just because they are new don't mean that one could be faulty--the resistance should all be the same---has yours got the sensor on them---don't need a reader to do the rear brake pads/just make sure that the handbrake is released before turning ignition off---Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave ... now I come to think about it your right that’s i all needed to do 😂😂. In any case it’s handy to have . How would I know if they have the sensors sorry to sound dim .

Comment

can I ask why you need a code reader to do your rear brakes ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I Had a citron C4 grand Picasso automatic which you had to have a reader to release the back brakes. So I presumed because my car also had a Electric handbrake that it would be the same .. not remembering the countless times I have left the bike off and the car has started to roll 🙄😊

Comment

Glow plugs are these type with the sensors------DaveClick image for larger version

Name:	glowplug.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	243522

Comment

Hi Dave , no I didn’t put them one in mate so I’m guessing no sensors ..

Thanks for the picture

Comment

so what engine have you got in the car-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by PaulZoom View Post
                  I Had a citron C4 grand Picasso automatic which you had to have a reader to release the back brakes. So I presumed because my car also had a Electric handbrake that it would be the same .. not remembering the countless times I have left the bike off and the car has started to roll ����
                  No you don't need it for insignia,,just let handbrake off,before winding pistons in,and replacing pads,,,pump up footbrake fully,before applying handbrake again
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks again 😳🤙🤙.

Dave it’s a
                    Vauxhall Insignia Exclusiv 130Cdti
                    Year: 2010
                    2L

Comment

Probably has the glowplugs on without the sensors----cheap to buy too---but always fit genuine/beru parts as there is a lot of cheap crap for sale these days------Dave

Comment

I had fitted bosh thinking they would be ok ? Or was I wrong wouldn’t be the first time

Comment

you need to run a multimeter over them and see what readings[ohms] you get--should all be the same value's-ish-----Dave

Comment

Cheers Dave I’ll investigate and come back to ya 🤙

Comment

Hello Paulzoom I too suffer from dyslexia.
                              Your P2282 code dose point towards MAF but also can denote an air leak between throttle body and intake ,
                              Also too much air volume through MAF fir more that 4 seconds
                              I would remove EGR and clean that make sure it's not stuck open .
                              And give the MAP a clean with electrical contact cleaner .and a cotton wool bud
                              And also remove the MAF and Clean with electrical contact cleaner .
                              Wipe codes and take for a drive.

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X