Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 updates via Donor - What is possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 updates via Donor - What is possible?

Evening all, new to the site but have had a quick look around.

I'm not a mechanic, the most taxing thing I've done so far is replace the auxiliary belt and tensioner. That said, I bought my Ziggy with the intention of working on it over time and learning more about cars.

There is quite a bit I'm looking to update, was thinking about getting a donor car and doing some direct replacements. I was wondering: I have a 2009 59 Zig, what can be done in terms of replacing bits from, say, a 2014+ model? Are there any major gotchas I need to consider? What about the different sub-models such as Grand Sport?

Internally, I'm wondering if the dash and centre console can be lifted from a Facelift and dropped in place? I've read that I'll need to get the dash display re-coded, my guess is that won't be too tricky. Will there be any significant wiring issues? Will the damn thing fit?

Externally, and a little stranger, would a 2014 hatchback door fit my 2009?

This car will not be sold on, it's all about building a car I'm more happy with at this stage in its life. More fun, more personal. Was hoping this forum might have some likeminded individuals with more nouse than I have that would throw a nugget or two of experience my way.

Programming will be your main issue. If you're gonna facelift it, it will need at least, a Bcm and a climate ecu upgrade. Dash can be swapped. Doors can be swapped

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
      Programming will be your main issue. If you're gonna facelift it, it will need at least, a Bcm and a climate ecu upgrade. Dash can be swapped. Doors can be swapped
      Thanks, I take it the controllers from the donor car won't be compatible then?

Comment

As said above, programming will be the biggest issue, some stuff like electric window motors , mirrors , etc are plug and play .
        But when you get into the realms of instruments, then it becomes harder due to the fact that they were programmed at factory to that persific car and no other .the forum I work on you get people adding things and finding they don't work .
        Reason being is because the car dose not reconise it as being " factory fitted "and then throws a wobbly .
        Things can be added and taken away through programming, which if I'm right ( which is not normally the case) requires Tech2
        And security access ( something like TLS2000) .
        best try to contact Plasma he has his own page on here , and he will know .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by malliedamoocha View Post
          Thanks, I take it the controllers from the donor car won't be compatible then?
          Just write a list of what you want to change and someone can say yes or no

Comment

Working...
          X