Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2453 DPF Sensor Replaced No Change

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, I hope I can obtain some advise for my 2009 Insignia 1956ccm 160HP 118KW (Diesel). A couple of times the car for a millisecond looses power and 'Service Vehicle Soon' pops up and stays on, never any dash lights.
    After completing the journey the message disappears, I had the car in for its full service just over a week ago which it has every year however 3 days after its service on the way home from a day trip the car went into full limp mode, no umpf at all, again no dash lights and 'Service Vehicle Soon' came up.

We had only just left for home so a good 100 miles, it struggled to get to any speed and on hills bob hope so no way was I getting home without help so called AA. They hooked it up to read the codes and P2453 came up, he advised it was the differential pressure sensor, he took it off to check and all seemed clear, he advised it could be the EGR valve too. Eventually got home (via a flatbed truck, kids loved it)
    The following day I did some research, from that noticed oil on the boost pipe so replaced this as it was split, the EGR valve has been removed and cleaned, this wasn't clogged and the DPF sensor replaced (checked compatibly before I purchased it), added some Wynns Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaner to the tank and gave it a good run which marginally improved things but its still effectively in limp mode and 'Service Vehicle Soon' showing...............what am I missing, with the sensor being replaced does this have to be programmed, would a forced regen work I'm really confused.

Hi,you need to get the codes read,there will be codes stored in the ECU to direct you to the fault,but not ALL code readers will read the Insignia.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

got the sensor programmed to the car and a force regen, all sorted and driving like a dream

Comment

Glad it's sorted
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
        X