No announcement yet.

Seal Of Death (OIL PICKUP SOLUTION?!?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" THE THING IS THEIR ARE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF THESE CARS AND IN REALITY ONLY A HANDFUL GO WOBBLY " exactly, only good thing about the hysteria surrounding these well known issues ? CHEAP CARS, clever people who check reviews won't touch "Insignia"

Comment

Let me know how you get on fitting it. As it spaces the pick up a few mm i presume it will add a slight amount of compression to the seal? Who knows... The seller on eBay was quite vague on how it helps, pros/cons etc

Comment

The oil pressure light on my car takes a while to go out could this possibly be the early signs of possible failure
        as I have recently purchased this car with a fsh and 110 thousand miles the reason I am asking as I have a six month mechanical warranty

Comment

It really depends on what the warranty covers to be honest---if the oil pressure light comes on when you are driving then everyone believes the engine is cooked-warranty might not cover that--it really is not worth the risk----what oil is in the car--did they service it when you got it---I've just had the oil pick up seal done on mine [67k]and the old seal was compressed a bit so pleased I had it done---where abouts are you------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
            It really depends on what the warranty covers to be honest---if the oil pressure light comes on when you are driving then everyone believes the engine is cooked-warranty might not cover that--it really is not worth the risk----what oil is in the car--did they service it when you got it---I've just had the oil pick up seal done on mine [67k]and the old seal was compressed a bit so pleased I had it done---where abouts are you------Dave
            When starting from an overnight stop the oil pressure light stays on for about 12 seconds
            The car appears to run well the warranty is covered by warranty wise I would hate to cause any long term damage
            How long would an oil light normally stay on for the light doesn’t come on when driving I am in Edinburgh the car has a full service history from Vauxhall

Comment

The one on my car goes off almost instantly, the same time as battery light, take it to a garage for a pressure test, set your mind at rest, if it is low, try to claim on your warranty, car not fit to drive.

Comment

As stated above.the oil light should go off as soon as you start the car . the warning you are getting is telling you to stop the car.that warning message should not come on.if you have had the car for less than a month you have legal rights as it's not fit for purpose and I suggest you don't use it.because if you do then the selling dealer could turn around and say you caused the damage.stop using it.phone them . explain the situation.ask them to recover it and sort it or refuse the car due to being not fit for purpose.also send a letter by recorded delivery outlining the defects and keep a copy.through all this be polite.i had this with mine and thought it was a struggle.in the end I got my money back.
                Sorry to sound so negative but that's the nuts and bolts of it all .
                But do not drive it even if the garage says it's ok to drive.

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Seems a long time to me 12 secondthats why I asked about the oil---I would ask the dealer you bought the car off is the engine covered---as you live in Edinburgh the guy who did mine lives in Keighley/Yorkshire so its a bit of a trip but a lot of people have travelled down to see him and get the seal done[£200].Even has customers from abroad and the guy is called Frank--if you want any other details let me know----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                    Seems a long time to me 12 secondthats why I asked about the oil---I would ask the dealer you bought the car off is the engine covered---as you live in Edinburgh the guy who did mine lives in Keighley/Yorkshire so its a bit of a trip but a lot of people have travelled down to see him and get the seal done[£200].Even has customers from abroad and the guy is called Frank--if you want any other details let me know----Dave
                    Thanks for all the help no warning messages are coming up it just seems a delay in the oil light going off

Comment

The oil light not going off is a warning, whilst it doesn't show pressure, it does cut off when correct pressure is reached, so obviously your pressure is taking time to build up, you need to find out why.

Comment

Originally posted by minisprint4230 View Post
                        The oil light not going off is a warning, whilst it doesn't show pressure, it does cut off when correct pressure is reached, so obviously your pressure is taking time to build up, you need to find out why.
                        The oil light goes off after the instrument needles have done a complete sweep
                        Is this what your one does it’s a 2015 model

Comment

Originally posted by minisprint4230 View Post
                          Could only imagine it would be the oil pump

Comment

With the mileage the car has done I would be getting the seal done----but its his car and he can take the risk------Dave

Comment

Just seen this on FB https://youtu.be/WAo5ODRTx-c
                              The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Saw a similar video debunking oil seal issues before, however in that one they removed oil seal altogether with no pressure drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X