No announcement yet.

Seal Of Death (OIL PICKUP SOLUTION?!?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seal Of Death (OIL PICKUP SOLUTION?!?)

Hello all,

Has anyone replaced their seal with this alternative?

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	249206Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	249205

I would have thought that it would expand and contact with heat surly. Where as the rubber one would move with the metal so to speak

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
      I would have thought that it would expand and contact with heat surly. Where as the rubber one would move with the metal so to speak
      Valid point, it works in conjunction with the other seal, this in effect sits inside the original seal.

I’m approaching 90k so will be renewing the seal on the next service. Just exploring a more permanent option.

Comment

Originally posted by onebig.onesmall View Post
        Valid point, it works in conjunction with the other seal, this in effect sits inside the original seal.

I’m approaching 90k so will be renewing the seal on the next service. Just exploring a more permanent option.
        Oh ok I thought it replaced the seal sorry

Comment

Is there not an upgraded part anyway ?

Comment

From my understanding it puts the seal further in to the oil, i think most of the failures are down to poor maintenance or unknown history before people getting the older cars. I think vauxhall should have a service time on it though like your cam belt schedule as seals do degrade. I often wonder which oil people use if its correct spec quality oil rather than cheap oil that says its correct spec. Another thing are the cars that fail doing a majority of longer journeys or short town trips. Legal disclaimer Just my 2p worth and I sure there are some genuine failures

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
            The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Have you a link or part number of this part ?
              Is it a GM part designed for the CDTI engine ?

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Its not a gm part

Insignia low oil pressure problem solved :) for solution please contact: A20DToilpump@gmail.comYou can find it in ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/393178139146
                The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  Have you a link or part number of this part ?
                  Is it a GM part designed for the CDTI engine ?
                  Here’s the eBay listing;

I was just curious to see if anyone had used one?

Might put one in...

Comment

Originally posted by onebig.onesmall View Post
                    Here’s the eBay listing;

I was just curious to see if anyone had used one?

Might put one in...
                    I’ve just done mine and I’m not taking it apart again to fit one, what a pain in the arse to do

Comment

There are some cleaver peeps out there.the seller is either machining them himself or getting someone to do it.
                      Im going to sound stupid here but I always thought that just changing the seal was sufficient .
                      His YouTube makes it seem as though it's the only cure like he has invented penacilyn
                      The only thing is that there is only one group that will buy it those who join a fantastic forum like this one and read this thread.
                      So thank you to onebig onesmall for alerting those who are about to tackle the job .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So i have to do my seal soon anyway so i have ordered one of these. Looking at it i can see the application of it. Where as the seal would sit flush on top of the oil pick up pipe this makes so it sits inside of the seal thus making a better seal.

Comment

This seal isn't supposed to be compressed, only kisses top of pick up pipe, this appears to be only an issue if you are driving with low oil levels for any length of time, not sure how this is supposed to stop oil draining out of pump ? I would have thought looking at it, oil will drain back to lowest level and pump will have to draw oil back up every time you restart.
                          The best mod would be a hose (approx' 12" long) clamped to ally pipe and shoved down pick up pipe, this would be similar to mod used on racing saloon cars.
                          Cheaper option would be to fit an after market oil pressure gauge, that way people who "couldn't do this mod", would know their car is ok

Comment

The dreaded low oil pressure warning of doom can happen at any time when I had mine it came on if ambient temperature was below freezing.oil level ok .
                            The seal goes hard and when cranking it entrains air which in turn reduces oil pressure for a few seconds.if ignored then engine failure happens ( look on that we'll known auction site) .
                            Other causes failed regens ( allowing oil levels to rise due to diesel draining into sump .
                            Wrong grade of oil and lack of maintenance.
                            But as we find on here new owners join due to car purchase then start reading threads and they all of a sudden think there " pride and joy" purchase is duff .
                            Mine started off ok but first cold snap and hay presto ! Ding flipping dong!
                            The thing is there are thousands and thousands of these cars and in reality only a handful go wobbly .
                            Exterior oil pressure gauge may be useful .but in some cases .if going at any speed . by the time you realize it's curtains for the car .

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I changed mine on Friday, it was stiffer than the new one but in no way solid/hard. I’ve never had the oil pressure warning either but she is my pride and joy and I don’t have the money to replace her

Comment

Working...
                              X