Brake fluid , help please 😓😓

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake fluid , help please 😓😓

Morning all , any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have a problem with my brake fluid , It was at the max 4 weeks ago as I checked before going on family hols and yesterday it was below min level with a warning on dash , I topped it up just to get me through , is tgere any common places to check for leaks etc on the insignias eg seals? , or what is tge best way to check etc any help would be great 😆 thanks andy

Inside of the 4 tyres easiest to check, inside of wheel and tyre will be soaked in brake fluid.
    Check on the floor under the car, this will give rough indication of place leak could be, fluid will have dripped on the floor.

Could also be brake pads, when they wear away brake adjusters move pads progressively nearer to discs, resulting in more fluid retained in calipers near wheel, pads tend to wear out rapidly when in last quarter, again a visual check of pads, if it's pads, when you get them changed extra fluid will have to be removed.

Comment

Thanks for reply minis print , will pop out now and have a look , will check tge meat on the pads aswell but the guy I bought it off said tge pads where done at last mot which was April , just hope it's nothing major again ��

Comment

Just been out and had a look , there is a definate leak on the passenger rear wheel area , if it's a seal or connector are tgey easy to change , also when you pump the peddle with engine running it's not finding a hardening up its just slowly bottoming out I suppose this will be down to the leak , I will get tge wheel off and have a proper look to see where it's coming from

Comment

has the level dropped again since topping up?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfewlass View Post
            Just been out and had a look , there is a definate leak on the passenger rear wheel area , if it's a seal or connector are tgey easy to change , also when you pump the peddle with engine running it's not finding a hardening up its just slowly bottoming out I suppose this will be down to the leak , I will get tge wheel off and have a proper look to see where it's coming from
            Could be seal on piston or hose it self, wheel off and inspect it first.

Comment

If the repair to your brakes is too much for you then you should get someone who knows what they are doing---if its losing brake fluid like that then it really needs looking at urgently-------Dave

Comment

Afternoon all , ive had tge car up and wheel off and the leak is on the exhaust side of the caliper , it's directly behind a 13 mm right near the brake spring mechanism, is it a new caliper job ?

Comment

Afternoon all , ive had tge car up and wheel off and the leak is on the exhaust side of the caliper , it's directly behind a 13 mm right near the brake spring mechanism, is it a new caliper job ?
                  can you get a picture
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

As you struggling to diagnose where the leak is coming from and I I'm not mean or anything but I would suggest to get it checked out by someone or garage, there might be a member on here close to you that could lend a hand, best bet would be while the wheel is off clean it with brake cleaner first dry it then get someone to press the pedal and see where is coming from that's if you can see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X