Hybrid turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid turbo

I'm toying with the idea about getting hybrid turbo, but in all honesty I have no idea who to approach about this, only found venom turbos so far who can supply with 3 different stages and is far as I'm aware need remap done to take full advantage, question is what you guys think? Also running auto gearbox and wonder if can take it, at this stage trying to get all the info and cost involve.

What engine do you currently have? Any other mods?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
      What engine do you currently have? Any other mods?
      A20DTH no mods to engine

Comment

I run a hybrid, my car is still in the process of having upgrades money permitting.

So for my hybrid the my advice and this is from my tuner and the company where my turbo is originally from, Is buy a new turbo do not recon or modify you current turbo. This is because the housing isn’t overly strong. My hybrid will run at 1.9bar peak I’m running at 1.88bar, i have had a custom map done with 4 hours of data logging and then the remap. Initial map was at 233bhp. I needed a 4.0bar map sensor installing as i kept having a spike in the voltage range and going in to limp mode. Ive had mine running over 250bhp and over 550nm and that was savage.

You can literally bolt the turbo on and have it mapped, new oil feed pipe,filter and oil required. The dpf causes a massive obstruction and i don’t and wont suggest removing it, i am looking at sports dpf currently to see what the flow would be and if it will keep the emissions down.

Everyone will say you need this that the other.
        Injectors are good to 280-300
        Anything over 260 FMIC but you wont see that figure with a hybrid.
        Fuel pump, fuel pressure sensor 260 upwards
        80/90mm MAF 260 upwards

Don’t go to the first company that promises massive numbers it’ll shred your engine. My my doesn’t come in early yes i have more power low down but mine doesn’t boot off until its above 40mph, mainly to protect my box and clutch but above that its an animal, dont forget we still drive an insignia and its a big boat

Your auto box can have torque limiters lifted but this is an unknown as is anyone safely running higher fiqures on the box ?

My next upgrades will be the above with the addition of a custom manifold and a
        GTB2260 turbo.

Look for my thread.
        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

My next comment was going to be you need to speak to Nicksri but he has already found the thread [emoji1303]
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
            I run a hybrid, my car is still in the process of having upgrades money permitting.

So for my hybrid the my advice and this is from my tuner and the company where my turbo is originally from, Is buy a new turbo do not recon or modify you current turbo. This is because the housing isn’t overly strong. My hybrid will run at 1.9bar peak I’m running at 1.88bar, i have had a custom map done with 4 hours of data logging and then the remap. Initial map was at 233bhp. I needed a 4.0bar map sensor installing as i kept having a spike in the voltage range and going in to limp mode. Ive had mine running over 250bhp and over 550nm and that was savage.

You can literally bolt the turbo on and have it mapped, new oil feed pipe,filter and oil required. The dpf causes a massive obstruction and i don’t and wont suggest removing it, i am looking at sports dpf currently to see what the flow would be and if it will keep the emissions down.

Everyone will say you need this that the other.
            Injectors are good to 280-300
            Anything over 260 FMIC but you wont see that figure with a hybrid.
            Fuel pump, fuel pressure sensor 260 upwards
            80/90mm MAF 260 upwards

Don’t go to the first company that promises massive numbers it’ll shred your engine. My my doesn’t come in early yes i have more power low down but mine doesn’t boot off until its above 40mph, mainly to protect my box and clutch but above that its an animal, dont forget we still drive an insignia and its a big boat

Your auto box can have torque limiters lifted but this is an unknown as is anyone safely running higher fiqures on the box ?

My next upgrades will be the above with the addition of a custom manifold and a
            GTB2260 turbo.

Look for my thread.
            Wow thanks for all the info, I notice that lot of company's will modify existing or exchange own turbo for one that already has been done, you mention to buy new unit? Could you please let me know company who can supply one? With turbo and remap I'm hoping to get about 240 and from what I read around this should be achieved with out to much stress, looking at the auto box not sure if is wise to have the limiter lifted would have to speak to someone about it been honest some boxes will take others won't biggest problem I'm having the way that the box shift gears everything is low down and it dont like holding longer, also at this moment I notice that anything pass 4k is flat not use to this compare to my last passat tdi,Regards DPF not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Comment

You should 240 with dpf untouched. Tdi turbos in dorset will sort a turbo or AET Wakefield.
              The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

You should 240 with dpf untouched. Tdi turbos in dorset will sort a turbo or AET Wakefield.
                You also mention dpf restrict, are we talking about end power or flow? As you know your self you always want more power but I learned my lesson on last car you have to draw a line somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                  You also mention dpf restrict, are we talking about end power or flow? As you know your self you always want more power but I learned my lesson on last car you have to draw a line somewhere
                  Power is good thats true, this is the first car I have ever modified . but you’ve got be clever with it, theres only so far the engine can go power wise and you don’t want to over stress the other components. The dpf restricts the flow of exhaust gases so the engine can only breath to a certain point. I want to get gains but keeping the car MOT and law friendly

Comment

Power is good thats true, this is the first car I have ever modified . but you’ve got be clever with it, theres only so far the engine can go power wise and you don’t want to over stress the other components. The dpf restricts the flow of exhaust gases so the engine can only breath to a certain point. I want to get gains but keeping the car MOT and law friendly
                    Nicksri regards the high flow DPF have a look at the website, I have no idea yet on pipe sizing on insignia yet as never played with it so not sure if would work, but I heard good things about them, I know there for VW's just wonder if they could be welded on to insignia

This Universal DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) is designed to improve exhaust flow over standard DPFs and reduce backpressure by up to 50% meaning vehicles can now be tuned a lot further whilst still staying within the user emmisions rules and regulations It has a unique spiral design and active surface molecules that make contact with exhaust particles and burns them when the unit reaches 300 degrees, this means it will not block up like the stock units as fitted from the factory that have much stricter regulations. Because of this process the regeneration must be disabled in the software as it is no longer needed The unit can be fitted universally in place of existing DPF systems of most vehicles. Due to how it works this unit must be fitted close the turbocharger allowing the unit to get up to optimum temperature as quick as possible (300 degrees). The further this is fitted away from the turbo the less effective the unit will be

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                      Nicksri regards the high flow DPF have a look at the website, I have no idea yet on pipe sizing on insignia yet as never played with it so not sure if would work, but I heard good things about them, I know there for VW's just wonder if they could be welded on to insignia

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....5-2-5-3-0.html
                      Yeah I’ve seen them, its the word Universal that puts me off most of these products as all engines perform differently. It will probably have to be custom as the manifold will be custom.

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                      X