2015 - Rear chrome trim removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 - Rear chrome trim removal

Anyone know how to remove these small trims on both sides?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0658.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	249213

the chrome boot strip is easy enough to remove,,the chrome bits in the lights do come off,but don't know how. I recently had my rear chrome wrapped in gloss black,we removed the chrome bar,but decided to wrap the light chrome still attached to car,made an arse of first attempt ,but got it bang on after that.....are you wanting to remove for paint,or wrap ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	8ce1306932720703a67732ea9ab51367.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	243551
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      the chrome boot strip is easy enough to remove,,the chrome bits in the lights do come off,but don't know how. I recently had my rear chrome wrapped in gloss black,we removed the chrome bar,but decided to wrap the light chrome still attached to car,made an arse of first attempt ,but got it bang on after that.....are you wanting to remove for paint,or wrap ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2050[/ATTACH]
      Trying to wrap the same bits you have done. Have the window trim and fog light surrounds wrapped already.

Finding it difficult to get the wrap pushed into the light area.

Might just do the boot strip and leave the two bits to a professional thead

Comment

took him 2 gos on the rt side one,but got there after that
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

On a similar theme, any idea whether the chrome 'wings' on the GS radiator grille are easily removable (and the foglight chrome trims)? I want to wrap them black, and figured it may be easier to do it off-car if possible.
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            took him 2 gos on the rt side one,but got there after that
            Any tips on doing the side chrome pieces?

Onto my last few feet of vinyl now and still have to do front grill

Comment

Originally posted by stratinsig View Post
              Any tips on doing the side chrome pieces?

Onto my last few feet of vinyl now and still have to do front grill
              Patience mate ,,the guy that did mine had plenty

Comment

Working...
              X