Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EML light on and not starting at 1st attempt

Hello everyone,

So I just joined the forum and introduced myself in the new members section,and I guess I can seek advice now from all the fellow members.

I just got myself an Insignia 1.8 petrol,and 3 days after I bought it the EML light came on after I tried to start the engine and it did not start at 1st attempt.

All was ok until yesterday,I sat in,put key into ignition,twisted it into start and the car did not started.It was trying to start the engine and car was shaking like always but it just won’t go over and burst to life.I twisted the key back and tried again and it was same,the starter tried to crank the engine but failed.It started normal the 3rd time I tried but after driving to work 40min I switched the engine off tried to start it minute later and it was same.Started second time.Also it looks like it lacks a bit of power?I put the pedal to the metal while going slightly up hill on 4th gear and it did not sped up,had to reduce to 3rd gear for that surge forward to happen.

Anyone that can shed some light on it?

Also is there a way to check the current faults using the menu button on the lever behind the steering wheel (the one that is used to acces mpg and current speed display and so on?).

Thank you in advance.

Take care.

Sid

you need to get it plugged into a diagnostic code reader to pinpoint the problem mate
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I was planning to go to loval In&Out centre to make them do it,but was hoping someone got similar experience.

Thanks gor speedy reply anyway.

I hope it’s nothing serious,because its a nice and confy car and the engine is suprisingly quiet (and very lively on low gears).Couple days and already like driving it a lot .

Comment

Is the engine turning over at same speed when not starting ?

Comment

Yes it does,but its just like its almost through and falls short.

Is there a way to make a video so I can upload it?

Comment

Did you get car from used car dealer if so take it to them to sort, they may refuse to fix if its been elsewhere, if your to far away get email from them to say they will pay for fix then run it into Vauxhall dealer to read codes/repair.

Comment

I had something similar years ago, can't remember what car, but in tank fuel pump was allowing fuel to drain back every time you switched off, was a tank off job, so I fitted a non return valve in fuel line, cost about 5 quid and did the trick.

Comment

I got it from private seller mate.

Comment

I was under impression it might be fuel filter because every now and then when it struggles,or when I stop after long drive I can smell a faint odour of petrol for few seconds.

Comment

Hello guys.

Finally got time to go and plug it into computer.

There was only one code and it was for faulty crankshaft sensor.
                    My friend advised me to actually change all 3 sensors (2 x camshaft sensors and 1 x crankshaft sensors).
                    My car is in my garage at the moment and can’t drive it because both camshafts sensors I replaced already,but I cannot locate the crankshaft sensor.

Any chance you can point me in the right direction?Not really sure where it is.I was told I might need to take the wipers and plastic cover off to reach it.

Thanks in advance.

Sid

Comment

Working...
                    X