Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2210 Nox sensor low circuit

Anyone had this code come up? Car runs absolutely fine 🤷*♂️

Going to book it into dealers but thought I’d ask on here first?

Hello astrachamp I have not but normally either means NOX sensor is caput.or wiring issue .
    It runs in a closed loop situation, so any deviation will throw code but car will run super duper .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I got it booked in to a garage on Tuesday, was just worried about causing any damage with driving it. Car does indeed still run perfectly. Hopefully it’s a wiring issue as I just googled the price of a new nox sensor! ��

Comment

Getting a new turbo fitted.

Comment

Had new turbo fitted, 200 miles later fault still there.
          Turbo was changed because it was covered in soot and metal filings round the wastegate.
          Not that I don’t trust my local garage (they have been good to me in the past) but I’m putting it into Vauxhall to get their take on it, don’t want to spend another few hundred quid on a nox sensor when it’s something else at play.

Comment

Also to add this car is on 42000 miles. I have done the last 13000 since April with lots of motorway driving so surely the dpf should be ok?

Comment

Hello astrachamp, when you put that the turbo was being replaced , I thaught ummmmm that don't have anything to do with the trouble code , but then I thaught , they must of found something for it to be replaced.hay ho .
              But the nox sensor lies in bank 1 as you know , cylinder 1 .
              And it measures the amount of Nox leaving the exhaust system
              Could be a defective cat
              Problem with fuel pressure regulator ,
              Problem with MAF
              Problem with MAP
              Exhaust system leak
              Broken oxygen sensor
              Or with the components above defective wiring
              Or just a dirty sensor esp the MAP ( where you can take it out to see if the sensor probe is sooted up and can be cleaned with electrical contact cleaner.and a cotton wool bud.
              And the MAF can be cleaned the same way .
              If the DPF was in trouble then you would have symptoms of the car going into limp mode , high oil level on dip stick and a diesel smell,to the oil .
              But your car runs fine , and all thease items are way before the DPF and are part of the emission control system
              So the atmosphere is not polluted with nitrogen dioxide NOx
              A bit of a long winded reply , but I do gabble on .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi lizzard, thanks for the info, it’s interesting as the garage said they had to drain oil off as it was up past the max level. The car feels to be fine driving and I’m getting between 40 and 50 mpg. Which was the same before the turbo got changed.

Comment

Have also been using torque app to view current drive cycle info and have at some point seen everything complete except for 02 sensor and catalyst which remains incomplete.

Comment

So the saturation level in the DPF is low should range between 25% when empty and 75% when full or just about to regenerate give or take a bit .if the DPF was not being allowed to regenerate ( ie interrupted cycle/s ) then any extra diesel gets drained passed cylinder bores into sump.so raising oil levels also diluting the effectiveness of the oils lubricant quality . which is no good for the engine.i would get the oil and filter change ASAP, because if they just dained a bit off to lower the level and did not change the oil and filter.then as above the oil is useless . when changing a turbo oil and filter change are a must due to metal particles floating around.
                    If it was faulty then there would of been oil within the turbo housing . sorry to sound so damming of the garage you use.but the above is what I've done in the past .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Your O2 sensor , and ,lambda sensor are located one above the other , at the front of the bonnet below the turbo the first one is your O2 sensor the second one is your lambda sensor .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B961FD95-37B9-416D-9172-A5485BFDC305.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	243608Click image for larger version

Name:	B961FD95-37B9-416D-9172-A5485BFDC305.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	243608

Pulled out and gave the map sensor a clean see if that helps

Thanks for all the info guys, I’m going to put it in the hands of Vauxhall now if this don’t help. Need it fixed.

Lizzard the oil and filter was changed 2 days before the turbo was done so they decided to not change the oil again.

Comment

Got car back from Vauxhall today, replaced nox sensor and done rear pads at same time. Hopefully put to bed now! If not it’s up for sale ��

Comment

Just to update, all is well no fault codes pending on reader after a few hundred miles.

Comment

Working...
                            X