Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

At a loss so any suggestions would be appreciated, here’s the story so far.

2011 reg - 88000 miles done

DPF sensor and DPF replaced
    EGR valve replaced
    Passenger side boost pipe has a small split in it, replaced.

Car is still doing a regen every 100 miles ( is used on motorways) when doing a regen and I accelerate there’s a lot of white some coming out the exhaust.

When I start the car is from cold it runs a bit ruff and on occasion it’s lumpy/ feels like a misfire until it’s reached running temperature.

There’s a burning smell occasionally when driving also, not necessarily when it’s doing a regen though.

Any suggestions before I actually take it Vauxhall as it’s been in a couple of local garages who can’t find a fault and there’s no fault codes stored when diagnostic is run.

Hi,
    Generally white smoke is either unburnt fuel or steam, slight blue tinge burnt oil.
    I have seen something like this before, the head gasket had failed, (but this one ran ok upto about 60mph before it started to overheat and misfire), but rest of symptoms were the same.
    What is your oil and coolant like ?

Comment

Hi

Yeah I’ve noticed a slight blue tinge in the white smoke too. The oil was changed about 6000 miles ago, just checked and it’s not short on oil however it is Jet black. Coolant looks ok.

Comment

Any smell of fuel in oil ?

Comment

Just had a sniff, wouldn’t say it’s stinking but maybe a slight smell of diesel.

Comment

Hello Allan is your oil level high on the dipstick?
            If there is a slight smell of diesel and oil level high on dipstick then it leans towards failed regens .if that's the case then an oil and filter change is necessary toot sweet . Oil,in diesel cars does turn black , that's why I change mine every 3 months regardless.
            I would be looking towards either injectors. Or temperature sensor for the ECU seeing as you seem to have a running issue till warmed up .
            Also depending on what sort of diagnostic equipment the garages are using they may not be able to read all the fault codes .
            But also you require someone who can read live data reports , because it seems very strange that it's doing a regen every 100 miles .which to mean seems to suggest it's running on the rich side .
            You also need to find out the saturation levels in the DPF
            What sort of DPF was fitted ? Was it a generic one ? . Some esp generic are not really a good root to go,down .
            Also check for splits on the pipe work from the DPF pressure sensor to the DPF itself.
            And check clean the MAP sensor with some electrical contact cleaner and a cotton wool bud ( don't poke it .)
            And take the MAF off and spray electrical contact cleaner onto the probe .
            Failing that then it will be a visit to the expensive doctor.

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for the reply Lizzard-T, I did read on another post on this forum a guy had the same issue with his car when running cold and his problem was the temp sensor. The oil isn’t high however is very black although only serviced about 2 months ago.

I have now opted for the expensive route and have it booked into Vauxhall as 2 locals garages can’t find the fault.

Will let you what they say about it.
              Cheers
              Allan

Comment

Originally posted by Allan1980 View Post
                Thanks for the reply Lizzard-T, I did read on another post on this forum a guy had the same issue with his car when running cold and his problem was the temp sensor. The oil isn’t high however is very black although only serviced about 2 months ago.

I have now opted for the expensive route and have it booked into Vauxhall as 2 locals garages can’t find the fault.

Will let you what they say about it.
                Cheers
                Allan
                Hi Allan, what was the final outcome with your issues?

Thanks
                Andy

Comment

Hi Andy

The car is still in a Vauxhall garage, they carried out an initial diagnostic check which showed nothing however they have now carried out a full electrical diagnosis which “ has showed several issues” they advised they needed to keep the car until at least Monday to resolve the problems. Once they get to the bottom of it I will let you know.

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by Allan1980 View Post
                    Hi Andy

The car is still in a Vauxhall garage, they carried out an initial diagnostic check which showed nothing however they have now carried out a full electrical diagnosis which “ has showed several issues” they advised they needed to keep the car until at least Monday to resolve the problems. Once they get to the bottom of it I will let you know.

Allan
                    Thanks Allan

My 2014 with 63k on the clock is regenerating every 100 - 150 miles at the moment. Just cleaned out the EGR, throttle body and MAP sensor. I have a boost pipe on order that I think may be leaking. I am hoping this helps after it is changed.

Andy

Comment

So the update to this is

New DPF sensor fitted as Vauxhall have stated after market sensors do NOT work with Vauxhall ECU’s. They also fitted a new temperature sensor and changed the oil as it was above the maximum level. Took it back to them the next day as it was still blowing smoke out the exhaust when doing a regen. Vauxhall completed a forced regen as soot levels in the DPF were at 100%. After returning the car they advised it was ok and DPF soot levels were at 43%. It’s now still trying to regen on every journey with white smoke bleaching out the exhaust. I’ve checked the oil and it’s above maximum levels already and stinks of diesel. Now given up with it and not spending another penny on it as I’m over 2.5k out of pocket and still have a car which has a serious issue.

After years of vectra’s and a couple of Astra’s I moved away from Vauxhall’s altogether but thought surely come after 2010 all sensor and ECU issues would be resolved. How wrong was I.

2 points I will make

1. Never again will I buy a Vauxhall
                      2. Never again will I buy a diesel

Comment

Working...
                      X