• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie, car audio question, white noise on tweeters

Good afternoon Guys and gals,

Thanks for having me!

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out,

I've recently fitted aftermarket, Hertz, components to my 2011 insignia and I now have a "white noise" issue.

Even before I amped the speakers the noise was clearly there, and now amped, is still there. Its a kenwood double din headunit I fitted 8 months ago, and never had this problem with the factory tweeters.

Was hoping someone had experienced this and could help me out.

I've used the factory wiring into the doors, could this be the problem?

Thanks

Mike

I'm a bit confused - how could you hear white noise from the speakers before they were connected to the amp? Do you mean that you could hear a hissing from the main speakers, and connecting the tweeters made it worse? If so, that's probably because the tweeters will render high frequency better (louder) than the low frequency drivers. In that case the fault would seem to be with the amp/head unit.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
      I'm a bit confused - how could you hear white noise from the speakers before they were connected to the amp? Do you mean that you could hear a hissing from the main speakers, and connecting the tweeters made it worse? If so, that's probably because the tweeters will render high frequency better (louder) than the low frequency drivers. In that case the fault would seem to be with the amp/head unit.
      Sorry, the noise was there as soon as I connected them to the head unit, I fitted an amp a few days later
      Thanks

Comment

Try some ground loop isolators
        What model kenwood Head unit do you have ?

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
        X