Views:	1
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	249218

Click image for larger version

Name:	a2251fab-d5d5-4773-bafa-27d1578b23c5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	249219

Looking good, but having been really proud of my efforts at wrapping my fog lamp chromes yesterday, today it's started bubbling, so I reckon it's either plastdip or taking it to a pro.
    Best of luck with your grille.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Thanks Pete
      Managed to have another go today, looks ok , but far from perfect.
      Thinking along the same lines as you, plasti dip or pro

Comment

Looks good mate.....my grille is wrapped too.
        Again, not perfect but no one's gonna notice when they're driving the other way

Comment

I think using gloss rather than satin put you at a disadvantage, it'll show every crease. I don't know whether to go to a pro or try this:
          https://www.frost.co.uk/liquid-wrap-...aerosol-400ml/
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

looks good with the black,looks mean .

Comment

Looks good and 'mean' with the headlights
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Might try Matt Black, or plasti dip

Comment

Although the black satin finish vinyl wrap looks ok on my foglight chromes, as I said in another post the chrome 'wings' on the grille either side of the badge were too 3-D to be able to wrap them. I've just ordered some of this: https://www.frost.co.uk/liquid-wrap-...aerosol-400ml/ apparently it's more wear resistant than plastidip (search 'frost liquid vinyl' on YouTube, there's a biker who has done a side-by-side comparison)
                  Hoping to try it out in the next week or so, if it works on the grille I may strip off the vinyl from the foglights and spray them too.
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Look forward to see how ya get on with it Pete

Comment

A better pic after a wash
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, definitely looks better now. Have you found that the vinyl smooths out over time?
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Its just as i applied it Pete no noticeable difference,

Comment

Just posted the results of using liquid wrap here: https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...S-front-chrome
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                            X