Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
    1.8l Ian ,that's from a vx teccy,,when my driveshaft failed on the old one,i decided to change the oil,,i put 2.4l in ,a week later the driveshaft oil seal blew out,,made some enquiries and id overfilled by .6l thead
    I suppose I could always drain it then measure how much came out would probably be the most accurate way I guess.
    So probably best to put 1.8 in and see what happens not 2.8

Comment

Sorry people.just seen my reply .I hit the 2 instead of the 1 . keypad too small for my sausage fingers.
      Sorry if you thought it was to miss lead you .
      So as above 1.8 liters NOT 2.8 as I put before .xx

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
        Sorry people.just seen my reply .I hit the 2 instead of the 1 . keypad too small for my sausage fingers.
        Sorry if you thought it was to miss lead you .
        So as above 1.8 liters NOT 2.8 as I put before .xx
        I just filled it with 2.8 now i have oil everywhere. I’ll send you the bill

Comment

Sure it says in the Haynes manual that you need 1.8 ltrs of oil for the f40-----Dave

Comment

It takes a sausage fingered man to admit when he's wrong .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So its turned up now. Job for next week me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post

Is there any reports of this improving the life of the seal?
                The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
                  Is there any reports of this improving the life of the seal?
                  Not heard of any but could be difficult to tell as they go at around 100,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post

Get some pics Ian ,as youre doing it ,,ive got this on my mind now to replace myself ,,don't want to chance it
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Get some pics Ian ,as youre doing it ,,ive got this on my mind now to replace myself ,,don't want to chance it
                      I will take as many as i can and video where possible

Comment

Has your gearbox got the cut outs ,,I've not had the belly pan off this one yet
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Has your gearbox got the cut outs ,,I've not had the belly pan off this one yet
                          Yes it has. I remember looking under there last year and seeing the cut outs.

Got another problem at the moment. The SVS message keeps coming up and i can clear the message with my code reader but won’t tell me what it actually is. All i know is when i clear it it says on the reader emission error cleared.

Also kept having the fuel rail pressure sensor high come up as a code but changed that this morning.

Comment

Would be interesting to see how your old seal is.

Comment

Originally posted by minisprint4230 View Post
                              Would be interesting to see how your old seal is.
                              I will put them side by side and picture them together and video it to to see if there is much of a difference

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                                This fella doing it on the road takes his wheel and driveshaft out----just been looking at another Russian video where they don't remove the wheel/driveshaft----it looks like that they just unbolt the intermediate shaft bearing housing support bracket[3 bolts] and just swing it out the way---then remove the 2 bolts holding the cat converter support bracket--plus all the other parts that need to be removed before the sump can come off----sorry the video is in Russian and no I don't speak Russian---its on the same page as this video is on-----might save a bit of time doing it this way-------Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X