Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New clutch and DMF

Hi guys,

The car hass been in the garage until this morning, went to pick it up, all fine, but the clutch pedal seams to be soft and it`s engaging very early, just move it from the floor and it engages. Did it happen to you? It doesn`t judder anymore, just this thing which i don`t know if it`s right or wrong. Will it settle down, by driving? What do you know from your experience ???

Thanks !!

Car is 130 diesel, 09 plate !!!!

Did you get the slave changed too?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

the whole kit (that is what the mechanic said, don`t know what that means, slave or not ) ....

Comment

New clutch will have a lower biting point. Its shouldnt be uncomfortably close to the floor though. as it wears the biting point will rise.

Comment

Auto.de, on 08 January 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:
          New clutch will have a lower biting point. Its shouldnt be uncomfortably close to the floor though. as it wears the biting point will rise.

thanks,

so I shoudn`t be worried about it, probably the pedal won`t be that soft after it wears a bit...

When I say, close to the floor, i probably mean smth like 1 cm or maybe 1.5 cm ....

Comment

Working...
          X