Oil % left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
    My six monthly oil change is now due. Have a couple of weeks holiday coming up, so when they are over, whilst I've dropped the oil. I intend to:-

Replace the oil pickup seal.

Renew the gear box oil.

Replace all filters.

By myself, wish me luck.

Motor has just done 60,000 miles

Just make sure you take the driveshaft out, or there isn’t any room to take the sump off, been there and fought it. I beat it in the end

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
      Just make sure you take the driveshaft out, or there isn’t any room to take the sump off, been there and fought it. I beat it in the end
      That's the reason why I'm going to renew the transmission oil, as when I pull the drive shaft out, I'm bound to loose some oil, so I will renew instead of just topping up.
      Fresh tran'n oil is good for towing.
      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Mine gets done twice a year, regardless. I've always changed the oil and filter even when I had the vectra, been told it's the engines blood so keep it in good condition. I only use the vauxhall oil, I'm sure some say there is better but if vauxhall recommend it then it's good enough for my vxr.

Comment

Originally posted by Happypostie View Post
          I only use the vauxhall oil, I'm sure some say there is better but if vauxhall recommend it then it's good enough for my vxr.
          What if Vauxhall recommend it because they want the engine to fook up quicker so you buy a new Vauxhall....
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            What if Vauxhall recommend it because they want the engine to fook up quicker so you buy a new Vauxhall....
            Surely not!!!
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

So you don't rate the vx oil ?

Comment

Originally posted by Happypostie View Post
                So you don't rate the vx oil ?
                I was only joking.....mine gets done at the VX dealers.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I took it as very tongue in cheek.
                  Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Mark I never took it the wrong way.
                    I have a friend that swears by mobile 1 . Yes maybe better if leaving in for a year but as mine is changed within 6 months I've not found the need to use anything but vx oil.
                    It goes to vx each year so I get the stamp, and gets done inbetween by the vx mechanic I've known for 30 years. But can't stamp my book.

Comment

No worries...I never though for a second you had.

I know nothing about under the bonnet and only go under there to check levels and to give it a clean. The rest I leave up to VX. Word would soon spread if their recommended oil was shite.

Comment

Mobil oil is rebadged as GM/Vauxhall. As far as I now always has been, unless anyone knows differently?

Comment

I use mazola

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            I use mazola
                            Which Corn Field is that from.
                            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

RAB, no one's interested in what you rub into your chest {or fry your Mars bars in, for that matter)!
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
                              X