Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF regeneration frequency, can it be my turbo on its way out

HI, advice required if possible.

I have a 2014 Insignia 2.0 DTH 163bhp (63k miles) and fitted a DPF regeneration LED. My wife uses the car mainly and she has said it seems to be doing a DPF regeneration more frequently. When I plugged in my OBD reader it showed that last regen was only 55 miles apart. I have given the car some long runs and it did 100 miles between this time. No other faults recorded and no warning lights ever shown. The last regen the reader showed 30% clear on the DPF saturation.

I decided to clean out the EGR valve, throttle body and MAP sensor today. The EGR was surprisingly clean with just a light dusting on soot, but the throttle body and MAP sensor were caked in oily soot. My first question is, is it normally for the soot in the throttle body to have an oily feel to it? Second question is, if not does this point to the turbo oil seals on their way out and is this the likely reason for the frequent regenerations? Picture of throttle body below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Throttle body.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	249222 Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-02 11.49.18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	249223

I had a look at the turbo intake side and there is a slight sign of oil but nothing drastic. So would appreciate any advice as I don't want to spend £350.00 on a turbo if I can help it. If anybody has any other suggestions on the reason for the frequent DPF regenerations or the oily throttle body all help gratefully received.

Many thanks
    Andy

Hello AndyK First of alll " Don't panic MR Manwearing " !!!
    Slight misting of oil is normall and the throttle body will get sooted up
    I clean mine inc MAF , MAP , EGR every 6 months .
    Ref DPF regen .what sort of driving dose your wife do ? Is it short trips ?
    Saturation levels are pretty spot on and it's doing regens when required.
    Without the LED you probably would never know it's doing one
    Which is what it's all about .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Sorry not read all of this, how many miles on the clock? and it could be a split intercooler hose, the passenger side one is common. Makes the mixture very rich and causes very short periods between regens

Comment

Hi, thanks for the info. The wife was mainly on short journeys hence I put the LED in and told her if it came on she had to drive around until it went out.. She has packed in work recently so I am only using it when we do longer runs now to see if things improve.

Regards
        Andy

Comment

Hi, the car has done 63,000 miles. Where does the hose generally split and is it normally visible if it has?

Many thanks
          Andy

Comment

Working...
          X