How replace rear driveshaft seal insignia vxr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaza01 View Post
    also my diff moves alot i get a rumble/vibration when driving in 2nd and 3rd gear at around 2000/3000rpm
    I have recorded it heres the link can you let me know what you think if could be
    https://youtu.be/wDS-V3B-q7U cheers
    Have a slightly buckled alloy too?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Just watched your video that's moving quite alot looks like your haldex been replaced has it I'd be checking the bushes theres 2 on the back and also ones that bolt up through the bottom check the bolts on all because they should stop the movement let me know thanks scott

Comment

Cheers scott i had a look the only thing i see missing from the bush is the metal washer thing it seems to move more towards the front end will have another look in the.morning

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191018-011138_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	243808 is dont have this metal bit on my bottom two bushs this wouldnt effect if would it?

Comment

Hi guys my haldex had low oil causing it to shake bad but now it does not shake diff oil was ok but i still get a rumble from.back wheels will check the tyre balancing out tomorrow or could the leaking driveshaft be causing it.will keep you.posted

Comment

Hi buddy I'd change the bushes also the washer does need to be there to give the bolt structure I'd be incline to change them have you checked the rear two that are facing the rear of the car

Comment

Hi yes checked the rear two they are fine going to take wheels off and have a good poke around, mainly issue is when the torque kicks in thats when the vibration kicks in cheers

Comment

Scott behind that seal is there a bearing?? Today i drove it around trying different scenarios what it seems is when i apply throttle to take off and turn at a junction it makes a sound like driveshaft is not seated properly in the diff

Comment

No theres no bearing from what I can remember but it does need to be the right spot to push the driveshaft all the way in I've dug the receipt out for the seal that one that you have could be the wrong one as its yellow when I first ordered them they tried to sale me the gearbox seals because they thought there the same but there not Click image for larger version

Name:	1571466276149669330019199987093.jpg
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	243816Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_072620.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	243817

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191019_072757.jpg
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	243818 heres one of the rear diff

Comment

The two rear bolts that ho through are a nightmare to get in correct me and my mate both do it one wiggling the diff other putting bolt through check them because the way that's moving if like the bolts ain't done up properly check there not cross threaded or feel like there in but are not that movement would cause vibration through the prop shaft I'm almost certain that's your problem mate

Comment

Check your subframe for any broken parts

Comment

Cheers scott going to order a seal and tackle it my self whats the best way to get it out cheers

Comment

Hi Scott is it number 19 on the diff picture cheers

Comment

I removed the diff only but if I did it again I'd remove the rear subframe the choice yours but I took rear wheels off then undone all the suspension parts needed to undo to be able to remove the rear diff undo the prop shaft cc should just come away then undo 4 bolts to release the diff theres a couple of electrical connections to undo but if you look on the thread I followed gives you a bit more in sight good luck mate let me know how you get on

Comment

Working...
                                X