Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New first time Insignia owner, just come from owning a 64 VW Passat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New first time Insignia owner, just come from owning a 64 VW Passat...

This car, is brilliant! 2015, 15 plate, Design trim, 2l Ecoflex CDTI, 140bhp

Absolutely lovely to drive, way nicer than the Passat was and hell of a lot better on fuel too!

I have a question though, I currently have the small infotainment system and want to upgrade it to the one with sat nav and Android Auto, as well as add a reversing camera.

I've read theres someone on the board going by Plasma that could do this?

Otherwise this thread is brilliant and so glad I got rid of the Passat for the Insignia!

Welcome to the forum and pleased you like the car. Hope you have many miles happy and trouble free motoring. I'm sure somebody with more knowledge than me will advise on the infotainment system.

Andy

Comment

Welcome
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Same here the top pic was my 2.0L diesel Passat CC, when I bought the insignia everyone was saying why would I swap a VW for a Vauxhall and yes a lot better ride and so much cheaper on the insurance. Yes it might not be as well built as the VW but the insignia is just as nice if not better drive!!
        Plus the CC was so bland inside and out!!

Comment

welcome buddy

Comment

Welcome aboard Mogga

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

,Hello
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi,
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Definitely agree with you! I had a 2l Bluemotion Excutive Style and it had toys on it but it drove so firm and was awful on fuel in comparison to the Insignia. The insignia is definitely under rated, mainly due to the Vauxhall badge. I had the same at work people asking if I was mental, till i took a couple for a spin at break and they soon changed their tune hahaha.

My 1yr old seems to love the new car more too, throws a wobbler whenever when park up and it's time to get out of it ha.

I had the Passat for 6 months and the clutch went at 50k miles and then shortly after that, the water pump went, so its left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to VW group cars, 600 for the clutch, 400 for water pump and timing belt kit.

Fingers crossed I dont have any issues with my Insignia!

Comment

Will once I finish work! Shes white and named her Gloria FN2187 (Lovely storm trooper reference cause massive star wars fan)

Comment

welcome.good choice of car,glad your happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogga View Post
                        Will once I finish work! Shes white and named her Gloria FN2187 (Lovely storm trooper reference cause massive star wars fan)
                        Hope it's got 3 red stripes diagonally across the left side of the bonnet.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Oh the plan is to get a massive decal of a storm troopers helmet and put the stripes on

Comment

Well, heres Gloria in all her Glory!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190905_211116.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	243566

Comment

Wow, a car with antlers
                              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                              X