Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler hose change question please

2.0 DTH 2014.

Hi, trying to get to the bottom of my DPF regeneration frequency issues (too often) I have checked the intercooler hoses as recommended. Even though the outlet to the intake hose doesn't appear to have an obvious leak, it is oily along the outer surface of the hose. All other hoses and items around it are very dry and no signs of oil, therefore I plan to change it.

Other posts/videos shows the removal of the nearside fog light to access the bottom connector on the hose, but all are pre-facelift. As I have a post facelift model can anybody advise if the fog light removal is the way to go or is it bumper removal? If it is possible to remove the fog light any advice on how to remove would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy

Intercooler hose change question please

Far far easier to remove the front bumper mate, did this job two weeks ago, changed both intercooler hoses and a split intercooler. Bumper takes about 15-20 minutes and that way you can see what your doing and hopefully not cut your hands to bits

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
      Far far easier to remove the front bumper mate, did this job two weeks ago, changed both intercooler hoses and a split intercooler. Bumper takes about 15-20 minutes and that way you can see what your doing and hopefully not cut your hands to bits
      Thanks for the advice, hose ordered so it is a job for next week when it arrives. I will go for the bumper off. Hopefully I will get a few miles more between DPF regenerations...

Appreciate your help.

Comment

Intercooler hose change question please

I had a split on the passenger side pipe as well, where the plastic piece goes up the throttle body, there is a join to the rubber pipe. Seems to split underneath

Comment

Originally posted by Andyk View Post
          Thanks for the advice, hose ordered so it is a job for next week when it arrives. I will go for the bumper off. Hopefully I will get a few miles more between DPF regenerations...

Appreciate your help.
          Bumper off and passenger side intercooler hose removed because it was oily and frequent DPF regenerations. Unfortunately the hose is in good nick with no splits but the hose and everything that side of the engine is black and oily. Discovered the intercooler radiator is damaged and coming from that, so replacement ordered. Hopefully this will sort things out.

Comment

My intercooler pictures

Comment

Working...
            X