Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing camera

Hi chaps and chap esses
    So much confusion about what I need to put a reversing camera on my car, after doing some looking on google I thought I needed a module then someone messaged me saying they could activate my camera either in person or by post ?, I have the navi 900 2.5 with projection so I am assuming that if I buy the camera and run the wire up to the head unit it will just plug into the module? Was thinking I dont want to spend money only to find I need to spend more, also if it can be connected by post I am assuming it is just a software update.
    Anyone shed more light to confuse me even more .

You will just need it activating on your hmi, plasma carries out this service, and then it would just be installing the camera

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
      You will just need it activating on your hmi, plasma carries out this service, and then it would just be installing the camera
      Could take months for it to be programmed.
      He's extremely busy

Comment

In the message he said he could do by post so dont know what that involves

Comment

Sending your hmi to him mate, that's what I did, as RBH says if he's really busy , you could be waiting a while
          No harm in asking though

Comment

Can you still use car ok in the meantime

Comment

I've been told you can,someone may be along to verify
              Mine was the old hmi, so I sent the new 2.5 the same as you have, so I did not need to remove mine until , I received the new one back

Comment

I have just recived my camera and will be installing it soon only thing is I only have the yellow video cable but the module dose not have RCA plug anybody got a pic of 2 pin plug I need

Comment

Originally posted by Ianbristol View Post
                  I have just recived my camera and will be installing it soon only thing is I only have the yellow video cable but the module dose not have RCA plug anybody got a pic of 2 pin plug I need
                  Here is the plug

Heres my how to also

Ok so here’s my tips, run the cables first from back to the front of the car.

Get some ridged wire like you house is wired with and attached the 3 wires your pushing to the t he front of the car. drop your rear seats, pull the carpet surrounds at the left side of the car you can push the wire through from the boot to the side of the rear seats . Pull to the front of the car then tuck under the carpet and trim under door area. Remove glove box trim and glove box 3/4 screws. Remove the ashtray and trim. Now using the ridged wire push through the bulk head so the wires come in to the ash tray area. Connect your switched live to purple wire in at the 12v cig lighter. Now the hmi cable you need is the right hand if you reach up you can get to it fiddly but will unclip then use a tiny screw driver to unclip the side sheaf that holds wires in please mega mega brittle this slides down insert the + and - wire.
                  Replace all removed parts this bit is done ! Now the the boot. Few connections now. Pull all the left side boot trim to make access below the fuse box is an earth point has multiple earths going to it connect a wire to it this will be - neg power wire connect to your black power wire. Now connect a wire to white /green to what will be going to the power wire along with the 12v switched live from the front of the car power for camera.

Also connect the +/- camera plug. It’s worth plugging the camera in now and testing it start car pig in reverse. The camera icon does work on head unit as power only goes to camera when reverse engaged

Camera fitting

bumper off is easy 3x torx screws each side inside wheel arch 3 clips underneath car. And pull. Fit camera and secure. There’s a rubber oval grommet in the tyre well that the parking sensors go through you can remove and refit this internally it has a plastic clip over it pull it off. I made a hole in it carefully with a Stanley knife feed The wires from the camera though the grommet do not pull hard wires are brittle. Refit bumper. Refit rubber grommet and seal with silicone to prevent water ingress put plastic clip on. Replace all trim carpets etc. Have 2 beers and valet car. DONE
                  The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

hi
                    I have installed reversing camera on my car also..i go to genuine gm camera long job but it is worth
                    first HMI activation
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191230-WA0044.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	244215

next job run the cable must be shielded

Name:	20191231-154442.jpg
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	244210

Name:	20200101-123207.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	244211

Name:	20200101-121930.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	244212

connect to HMI

Name:	20200101-183405.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	244213

Name:	IMG-20191231-WA0001.jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	244217
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by szymek; 12-01-2020, 10:47 PM.

My black Insignia

Comment

What programing is required.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        What programing is required.
                        You have to program the hmi to accept rear camera

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                          You have to program the hmi to accept rear camera
                          So that's remove, post to plasma, reprogram, post back refit. Cost of camera etc.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Ye Matt , he done mine

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
                              Ye Matt , he done mine
                              Which camera did you use? Would imagine reprogram about 50 or 60?

Comment

Working...
                              X