Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vehicle soon

Hi all

Get this pop up when turning on the car. No warning lights and I've tried scanning via a code scanner and getting nothing. Any ideas guys?

There is a fault logged, need to get codes read by something that will read Vauxhall ok.

What are you using to try and read codes.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

As above,not all code readers will read the Insignia.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I originally tried a chevrosys which has normally worked in the past but this picked up nothing. Tried car scanner pro which also turned up nothing.

I then tried opl dtc reader (from the same guy who made the DPF reader) and this worked. Had picked up three codes. I cleared them before noting them down and they didn't come back. No more SVS screen ha.

Have a slight feeling it might be a glow plug.

Comment

Those Bluetooth scanners and mobile apps won't pick all the codes. The cheapest way is to get an Opel scanner or opcom from eBay.

Comment

The error came back up this morning. It's a P0671 Glow plug circuit one open.

So I guess it will need replacing. I'm aware that there are two types of sensors for the car. Which a massive difference in price.

Is there anyway of telling which I need for my car. My car is a 2014 insignia elite 2.0 cdti a20dte.

Thank you

Comment

If it's an ecoFLEX it will be the Expensive one.
              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Top one with sensor, bottom ones standard.

Comment

Also just to let you know that you might have 4 with sensors, or 2 with and 2 without sensors, or 4 without sensors.
                  You have to check it by yourself, just take the engine cover of and you should to be able to locate them

Comment

Just pulled the first one off. Did attempt with the others but they wouldn't budge.

Don't have a torque wrench to hand but the top matches the sensor ones.

I can imagine the connectors are the same for all right? The sensor / none sensor?

Is this a do it yourself type of job or best left to the professional?

Comment

Well it's easy to replace them, however put some WD-40 in there now and let it settle so plugs comes out easy and its nice to have a torque wrench to fit them back in.

Comment

Working...
                      X