Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Washer Pump - Saloon

Hi All

I have a 2009 2.0 Insignia Diesel Saloon. I have an issue that driving me nuts. All of a sudden the front washer stopped pumping. I check the number 56 fuse and it was ok, i replaced it as precaution. I then replaced the pump itself, (located passengers side wheel arch) still no joy. This pump has only 1 pipe as there is no rear washer on this model.

When i pull the stalk to activate the washer pump the wipers and pump should work at same time but i only get the wipers moving and can hear a few solenoids clicking.
    I removed the solenoid that controls the wipers and a now i can hear another solenoid click when i activate the washer but i cant find where the clicking is coming from, its almost as if its immediately under the fuse box under the bonnet.

I'm lost as to were to look next. Is there a solenoid for the washer pump? Even though i hear a click could this solendoid still be faulty? I just cant source the clicking relays location. Can a bad Body Control Module cause this or is this whats making the clicking noise when i activate the washer pump?

Thanks
    NEOband

Have you checked for continuity across the washer pump terminals, put a multimeter on them and get someone to operate the washers.
    Do simple things first .
    And do a resistance test as well .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I know this may sound silly but the headlights are on aren’t they?

Comment

A pump is usually less than £10.
        To get to test it you won’t have to remove a few bits.
        So if testing it, buy a pump, If you detach wire of the old and plug into the new pump (without sticking it in the tank itself)

If it works switch it over and you don’t have to do the job twice.
        If it doesn’t go hunting for wire damage as you would hear the hum of the pump when on. (And get a refund for the un-needed pump)

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
          I know this may sound silly but the headlights are on aren’t they?
          Sorry, i should have been more clear, i meant front windscreen washer, not front washer (leading to confusion indicating front headlight washer).

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieric View Post
            A pump is usually less than £10.
            To get to test it you won’t have to remove a few bits.
            So if testing it, buy a pump, If you detach wire of the old and plug into the new pump (without sticking it in the tank itself)

If it works switch it over and you don’t have to do the job twice.
            If it doesn’t go hunting for wire damage as you would hear the hum of the pump when on. (And get a refund for the un-needed pump)
            Hi

I have already replaced the pump, sadly no joy and so far i see no cable damage.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              Have you checked for continuity across the washer pump terminals, put a multimeter on them and get someone to operate the washers.
              Do simple things first .
              And do a resistance test as well .
              That I must do, thank you.

Comment

I have since learnt that one of the relays I hear is one of the non-serviceable Printed Circuit Board (PCB) relays that are internal to the X50 fuse/relay block.
                I hear it click when I activate the pump. If that relay has gone.....then that would be a bad thing. I need an auto electrical engineer to verify ahh well. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks guys.

Comment

Do these have a filter on them? I remember on my omega it used to have a filter and if it got blocked it would stop working

Comment

Hi
                    Turns out my fusebox needs replaced as mentioned above. The PCB under the fuses must have a fault. I've read elsewhere some get wet from underneath somehow which kind of makes me think that may be the case with mine cause my car alarm goes off on really wet days, perhaps a short somewhere. The replacement fusebox has arrived and I have it fitted soon. Its needs paired with another unit (cant remember the name of the unit, its located behind the glovebox) . I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X