Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm question time

Afternoon everybody

I've had a couple of nights of broken sleep due to the damn alarm going off so i tried switching the interior sensors off to eliminate these as the cause and (yay!) it seems to have stopped the random activations so am fairly happy that the motion sensors are the problem. The indicators were going off too so i didn't think it was the power sounder.

My local dealer quoted 85 quid for replacement sensors and until i can get some I was wondering if it's feasible to just put some tape or something over them because i just know i'm going to forget to hit the button to switch them off before long.

All help gratefully recieved

Cheers

Andy

Car is a 2013 pre-face 1.8 SRI.

Either that or you have a fly in there

Comment

My alarm always goes off if window left open, even a small amount.

Comment

Windows are fully closed and I filled the car with a cloud of raid!

Comment

a flat battery sometimes sets alarms off

Comment

Estate or sedan/salon?

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
              Estate or sedan/salon?
              I don’t understand why that would make any difference to the question whether the interior motion sensors can be blanked off?

It’s a hatchback.

Comment

Estate ones got another sensors built in the little triangle side windows, along with the antenna, and they are at fault of alarm going off very often as well.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                  Estate ones got another sensors built in the little triangle side windows, along with the antenna, and they are at fault of alarm going off very often as well.
                  Ok but how does that make a difference to whether the sensors can be blanked off?

Comment

Mine are switched off.
                    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

If you blank them off that may still not solve the random alarm being triggered .
                      Because if it's a faulty sensor the fault could lie within the sensor itself , and no matter if you tape them up or not if the alarm fully armed it may still trigger it , so more sleepless nights .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                        If you blank them off that may still not solve the random alarm being triggered .
                        Because if it's a faulty sensor the fault could lie within the sensor itself , and no matter if you tape them up or not if the alarm fully armed it may still trigger it , so more sleepless nights .
                        You make a good point... dammit!

So... to modify my first question... can the sensors be switched off permanently?

Comment

Hello Andy the answer is no they can't.you would have to turn off the ultrasonics before you exit the car . I'm probably going to ask the most stupid question of the year .but here goes .
                          Has anyone diagnosed which sensor is at fault ?
                          Or another stupid idear of mine was to disconnect the wiring to every sensor , but as I say that is a stupid idear of mine .

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

No, no clue which sensor is playing up but since I’ve been switching them off the alarm hasn’t gone off once.

Next step is to leave them on and see if the alarm goes off again I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                            X