Busted an alloy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted an alloy

Yet more car woes. On my way home yesterday after a nice day at knockhill and just coming off slip road from the motorway and a loud bang and tyre monitor went nuts. Managed to nurse the car round to a layby and yep flat rear. Rather than piss about with the Jack and spacesaver I called a mate who was leaving after me to take me to house for trolley Jack and spare alloy and when changing I found that whatever had punctured the tyre had gone through the wheel as well. Gutted doesn't come close just glad I had bought a wheel last year as a spare.

Bullet Hole

Comment

Gutting Graeme,,have you a spare irmscher wheel ?
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Gutting Graeme,,have you a spare irmscher wheel ?
        Yeah got one on e bay last year thankfully. Hoping I can get the damaged one welded and maybe keep as a spare but not sure.

Comment

That’s not a pretty site to see.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Omg,never seen that before.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

WTF was that?! Terrible

Comment

Jesus! What in hell has punched a hole like that through alloy?? Must have been a part off an old Isuzu engine [emoji23]

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

It’s an expensive puncture.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

thats a pretty mental puncture,hope you can get it repaired/welded ok,never seen that before

Comment

No idea what caused it. I am thinking something on the slip road as my mate mentioned there was a taxi abandoned in the layby i stopped in that had a flat. Never seen anything like that though.

Comment

Working...
                      X