New member, Advise please 😁

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, Advise please 😁

I have a 2015 Sri navline 1.6 and recently there has been a sort of whistling sound coming from the back of the car, can only be heard with windows open and the noise stops when the brakes are even slightly pressed. Any knowledge on what that is would be appreciated, cheers

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago, but was really loud, was a stone trapped.

Comment

Welcome aboard Joshpenny123.
      Well from the description, it sounds like it could be something to do with the rear brakes .
      They could glazed , in which case , jack up , support with stands
      Take out,you can ( if there's plenty of meat on them ) rough up the surface with a bit of fine sand paper and put a shampher on the edges .
      Clean everything with brake cleaner , apply copper grease to back of pads and sides where they touch calliper
      And re-assemble .but if they are getting low then just replace
      That's if you are good with spanners ,
      Last edited by lizzard-t; 11-09-2019, 07:10 PM. Reason: Punctuation Paul !

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Welcome
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

welcome mate,hope you find a quick solution for it.

Comment

I had something similar a couple of years ago, turned out to be the pads had reached the wear indicator, which is acoustic. Ignored it for a while to my cost, ended up needing 2 new discs as well as the pads, as the wear indicator cut a groove in the discs!

Comment

Open your boot, remove the carpet and inside the spare wheel well....look and see if you have a small Ronnie Ronalde inside.
                Last edited by RBH; 13-09-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

as someone has already mentioned, if you can hear a squeal when driving and the squeal stops when press the brakes, it just means your pads are low. There is a small tuning fork on the pad which clips the face of the disc when the pads are low and need replacing - cheaper than an electronic pad wear indicator, and more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    Open your boot, remove the carpet and inside the spare wheel well....look and see if you have a small Ronnie Ronalde inside.
                    Had to google that one...............cos I'm not a coffin dodger
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      Had to google that one...............cos I'm not a coffin dodger
                      Hey.....even I'm not that old

Comment

Working...
                      X