Charging issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging issues

OK so last week car wouldn't start, took it to work and the alternator wasn't kicking out a decent charge (11-12v at idle), swapped the battery out and then took it for a spin but over the weekend failure to starts happened again, so I've put a new battery in. Driving it tonight and I got the message 'battery saver active' I'm going to take it back to work tomorrow but I'm guessing that the new alternator is a pile of shite?

So if the alternator wasn't kicking out a decent charge than you should replace it (or at least regulator) instead of swapping the battery out.

Comment

Well, I've left the new battery in as the old was the original. I've now got alternator number two in, but that doesn't seem to be charging it either.

Has anyone had any problems with Lucas equipment?

Comment

Are you 100%certain it's the alternator and not a wiring issue ? . 2 have 2 defective new alternators is very unlikely,
        But I can be wrong .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

That's what I thought. Checked the voltage across the terminals and with the probe on the back of the alternator and the readings still aren't correct

Comment

Working...
          X