new timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new timing belt

i have a sri 160bhp cdti dont know if timing belt has been done got fsh but nothing about belt it would be alot of help if some one could tell me what make the belt is when it comes out the factory

Its mileage dependant, other members will clarify the mileage, but its wise to replace the water pump at the same time. You can buy the complete kit from a decent Motor factors..

Comment

missing the point it might of been done i need to see a photo of a 2011 timing belt to see if it is the same as mine thanks any way mate

Comment

Look on eBay or google it .
        But don't go by what the belt looks like on the car , just remember rubber components deteroate I'm dislexic so spelling not my strong point .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by gra333 View Post
          missing the point it might of been done i need to see a photo of a 2011 timing belt to see if it is the same as mine thanks any way mate
          I think is you who is missing the point, belt could have been replaced many miles ago, give you example car done 100k but needed water pump replaced at 40k so it might be different belt anyway but that belt already done 60k, do you see where I'm going with this? One glance on belt when you remove cover will tell you if has been done or not, you dont need pictures, sorry to be blunt but there is no better way of checking if belt still in good condition.

Comment

Go for the Gates water pump and timing belt kit, I think thats what the factory use
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

thanks for the help took cover off it clearly says gates micro-v HORIZON MADE IN EU on the belt would like to know what yous think dose it stay on are are do i spend 350 thanks

Comment

It all depends on how much you like the phrase, peace of mind.

If you get it done then you know you are safe, but if you don’t, then you take a chance.
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

As whitty says .
                  £350.00 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
                  Also£350.00 is a lot less than complete engine failure.which could result.if the cambelt was to go wobbly.
                  In my mind ( and mine only) it's a no brainer situation.but that's my opinion and mine only.

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

looks like a new gates belt kit then i get the kit dads mate will do the job for 100 so no brainer it is thanks for the help

Comment

Practical thinking there mate.
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I found that the best belts to fit are the high tenecity belts.
                        Gates are good.
                        Albeit, spent a few pound more and get original Vauxhall belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Captaintess View Post
                          I found that the best belts to fit are the high tenecity belts.
                          Gates are good.
                          Albeit, spent a few pound more and get original Vauxhall belts.
                          Pretty sure the real belts from Vauxhall maybe marked as gm but you’ll also find gates written on them, same as the pulleys, everything I took off mine had the gates stamp in it

Comment

I'm in the same boat no paperwork to say if its been done and vauxhall state it was due at 80k and car is at 96 just under, £279 to get done at vauxhall by me, not sure if that includes water pump though, it doesn't say

Comment

Working...
                            X