This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sriray View Post
    The rear wipers do an amazing job, drive a saloon and you then know how irritating it is to live without rear wiper.
    I don't dispute that they don't come in handy, I just think they spoil the smooth lines of the car

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      The rear wipers do an amazing job, drive a saloon and you then know how irritating it is to live without rear wiper.
      Wrong. I'm driving a saloon and I never missed that rear wiper. It is awfull and I don't see the point of having it, because that rear window is too small to be of any use for driving in reverse. Without side mirrors, driving in reverse is a nightmare. But I still love this car [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Georgekg View Post
        Wrong. I'm driving a saloon and I never missed that rear wiper. It is awfull and I don't see the point of having it, because that rear window is too small to be of any use for driving in reverse. Without side mirrors, driving in reverse is a nightmare. But I still love this car [emoji16]
        Each to their own. My other car is a Jag that has no rear wipers I hate it.

Comment

Keep the entries coming!

Regarding the rear wiper...It's funny how differently we see our cars. I never feel the rear wiper looks out of place and use it quite often especially before I back off my drive and there's a dew on the car. I think removing stuff like rear wipers and debadging cheapens the look of a car unless it's heavily modded. If it isn't heavily modded it makes them look like a base model. Just my opinion.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Aesthetics are a strange area, very much the opinion of the individual. The practical need for a rear wiper on a huge rear screen like that on the insignia requires a large wiper, and personally I think that the long blade looks fairly elegant, especially when compared to the stubby things often seen on the rear screens of estate cars (incurring the Insignia sports tourer). Even with a rear camera I feel the need to keep the rear screen clear when reversing.

In a similar vein, it's a shame there isn't a rear camera wiper available - especially after driving on a wet motorway, I find the lens gets clouded with spray.
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

20170604_195723 by matthew chamberlain, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Shane redfearn View Post

Modded 67 plate 2.0 grandsport
                quick question with regards to the grand sport, do they not come with xenon headlights any more also was there an option for the bose sound system as I can never find one on auto trader also no mention on the Vauxhall car configurator??

Comment

Originally posted by emmamatt38 View Post
                  quick question with regards to the grand sport, do they not come with xenon headlights any more also was there an option for the bose sound system as I can never find one on auto trader also no mention on the Vauxhall car configurator??
                  yeah theres bose systems,but the xenons have changed to led matrix lights
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

are the led lights standard or optional extra?

Comment

Originally posted by emmamatt38 View Post
                      are the led lights standard or optional extra?
                      You get LED say running lights as standard but the headlights are just normal headlights as standard

Comment

Aren't the Intellilux led headlamps standard on the GLS and Elite editions? My 2018 SRi has led DRLs and tail lights, but conventional headlamps.
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Insignia B Sports Tourer elite nav, 2.0d 8 speed auto, led matrix headlights, VX line exterior pack, VX line interior pack, Black Siena perforated leather seat trim, 8 inch digital dash, heated leather front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, 20 inch alloys, reverse camera, auto park, power tailgate, Onstar with wifi hotspot and more![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Closed to entries....Voting open here, https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...TM-voting-open until the 29th September.
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                            X