Dpf and turbo issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf and turbo issue

Had the service vehicle soon on changed a lot of things including intercooler hose still same issue.

Got turbo looked at and they said my dpf and turbo are kaput any one know where I can get replacements where they not going to cost the earth

This sounds like a garage guessing game, what did they say was actually wrong with them?

Comment

Find another garage that actually sounds interested in anything other than parts bingo .
      Those two are easiest to blame and not always the fault.

Comment

Agree with others and get a second opinion. However I just changed my turbo as there was a lot of oil in the intake pluming and intercooler. The car was doing a DPF regen every 50 miles. So I put it down to the turbo was leaking oil. I got a refurbished turbo for around £400.00 inc VAT which turned out OK. I fitted the new turbo and reverse jet washed out the DPF filter while everything was stripped down (and blew all the crap out). Just has my first regeneration after 450 miles and the soot level was down to 25%. If end up going down the turbo route and you want to know where the turbo was from you can P.M. me (so I don't get into trouble advertising any company on the site). Hope you get it sorted out soon as I know what a pain DPF issues can be.

Andy

Comment

Ordered a recon turbo and a dpf off another insignia as mine is broken the filters inside are shot did you use any chemicals to clean your dpf and do I just jet from the outlet cheers in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Orang1 View Post
            Ordered a recon turbo and a dpf off another insignia as mine is broken the filters inside are shot did you use any chemicals to clean your dpf and do I just jet from the outlet cheers in advance
            Hi

I just jet washed through the outlet pipe with it stood upside down (inlet to the bottom) until it ran clean. I put my hand over the sensor outlets to try and get everything to come out the inlet (i.e. in reverse to the air flow). I left mine stood up in the sun for four hours before refitting after shaking all the water out I could. However when I got the car running it still blew a fair bit of moisture out the exhaust. Maybe worth blowing it through with a hair dryer for a while before refitting. The car did a regen after about 20 miles on the first run but was fine after that with the soot level dropping to about 27%. I have done another 450 miles before the next regen which I'm more than happy with. No guarantee it will work for you and I know it is not the recommended cleaning procedure, but it worked for me.

Good luck with it.
            Andy

Comment

Kool cheers will give it a go on Monday fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
              X