Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend plans?

Any weekend plans that your looking forward to

washing the car for the first time in 8 weeks for me......

Have been widening my drive over the course of the weekends just to get mine or the wifes car (whoever comes home first) off the pavement parking.
    Had a digger for a morning to take the bulk away, part of the wall and 2 big tree stumps, the the rest has been done by hand by me and one of my kids (12 yr old), carting bags and buckets of soil and stones to the local dump

ground sheet gone down, some stone chippings to keep it in place, 2 tonnes being delivered tomorrow so i can finally walk round the car without getting my feet dirty.

Not a proper/professional job but at least i can keep both cars off the road, will look tidy enough and increases the selling ability once complete (still need to do the side walls but these will be loaded up with cement and big pebbles from the beach)

drive slopes so about a foot has been dug down at the rear to about just over 3 foot at the front.

dust sheet gone from the siggy, rear seats back in place, hoovered but still dirty on plastics, estate proving its worth and back to looking like a car inside

I'm gonna have a quiet weekend. Not touching the car because it'll be having a good top to bottom in another weeks time for the Rother Valley meet.

I'll be dying come Saturday (28th) night
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

My weekend starts tomorrow. I looked at the car earlier and he did look so dirty but can i be arsed to wash him that is the question

Comment

Skip run with a trailer full of rubble,from redoing my drive at weekend,,then get car washed
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Washed and polished mine yesterday----with the weather supposed to be good this weekend might just give it another good polish----have used Poorboys gear for years and found it to be very good---been given some Autoglym resin polish so might give that a try------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
            Washed and polished mine yesterday----with the weather supposed to be good this weekend might just give it another good polish----have used Poorboys gear for years and found it to be very good---been given some Autoglym resin polish so might give that a try------Dave
            poorboys is one of the best Dave imo
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I was hoping to be fitting my new rear bumper......but it's not been done yet.....so I'll probably fit my new grille moulding

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                poorboys is one of the best Dave imo
                Used the Poorboys diamond white on the Vectra [it was silver] I had Dave and its very good as you can put it on in full sun and comes off easily---only used to take about 30 minutes to do it------Dave

Comment

Taking the wife camping somewhere in Oxford,
                  God knows where it is..she's the navigator,

And to be completely honest i spent enough time in the army living on hillsides and in random fields to last me a lifetime, but happy wife ,happy life and all that...

however my car will be washed and cleaned prior to the trip, ya can't go camping with a dirty car...
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                    Used the Poorboys diamond white on the Vectra [it was silver] I had Dave and its very good as you can put it on in full sun and comes off easily---only used to take about 30 minutes to do it------Dave
                    bought some last week mate,,yet to try it

Comment

Doh,the wife's car ABS pump has given up so with a lighter wallet will be changing that!
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                        I was hoping to be fitting my new rear bumper......but it's not been done yet.....so I'll probably fit my new grille moulding
                        New bumper ??

Comment

We off to a wedding on Friday in Guildford so thought well as we we will be only hour away from south coast, Saturday will go half way between Guildford and Southampton (cheaper accommodation) then will go rest way to Southampton on Sunday before jumping on a Big Boat for 12 days, destined to cross B.O.B so might be a bit of .

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                            New bumper ??
                            Exactly the same.....nothing fancy.
                            One on the car is broken.

Comment

Flying to America tomorrow and will be at a wedding in the hills above Lake Tahoe on Saturday. Flying into San Franciso then a bit of a drive to our accommodation which will be done in one of these :-

Click image for larger version

Name:	suburban.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	243613

By my reckoning its just shy of 2 feet longer and about a foot wider than my GS Tourer so a big old thing and has a 5.3 V8 355bhp engine although doubt it will be that quick. Hire car thing says this or similar and it seems the other option is likely to be the extra long version of the Ford Expedition which uses the same 3.5 V6 ecoboost as the Ford GT but not quite the same performance!!

Comment

Working...
                              X