Buying advise - high miler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying advise - high miler

Good afternoon all, I’m new to the forum and are looking at a purchase of a 12 plate 2.0 cdti estate with 184k miles, is this too much?
    The car is in very good nick all over, but I’m concerned at the miles, any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers
    Des

I though it might be nice to have a list of how many miles your Insignia has done. We normally only read about the once that doesnt do that many miles, might be good to have list so that we also see how many miles are possible I will start : Diesel: 2009 160 ps automatic : 223125 miles / 357000 km. Only EGR cooler leakage.

Comment

Only advice is the history of the car ( full , complete, and with invoices )
      Downside, has the oil pick up seal been replaced well known failure but you may not get any warning when it's going to go and when it dose it's curtains .
      Just a personal question how much are they asking for it ?

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Even with a good history, personally I'd say it's too high.

Unless you are handy with the tools, and can keep up with the repairs that will inevitably accompany a high mileage car, then it could very easily turn into a money pit.

Comment

Agree with above comments, the money you'll save by going for high mileage could easily be eaten up with a major mechanical failure in the next few months, weeks or even days. Pay a bit extra for something with a more realistic mileage if I were you (around 70k would be good)
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Thing is with these Insignias is that there will always be another one come up same money less miles

Comment

Personally think a little high I purchased one at just over 100 000 which had just had a major service and also cambelt and water pump replaced stay clear if any evidence of ex taxi use go for an ex lease one which has averaged 25000 miles a year

Comment

I suppose The six million dollar question is how much were they asking for this gem of a car ?
                And I suppose did he buy it ?
                Ummmm will we ever know.

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                X