grandsport - Dechrome to black... hmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grandsport - Dechrome to black... hmmmm

Most will know I'm not a fan of mods, but I have to say that remvoving the chrome grille wings, fog stripes and door trim to black look VERY smart indeed. As well as doing the mirrors black.....
    Attached Files

What... Like this? (Didn't fancy doing the mirrors - or the wheels!):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190913_124949.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	243619
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Another taste thing. They do look good without the chrome because there's very little to begin with but personally I prefer the chrome bits.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I agree that it's a matter of taste - I think that if the grille surround was also chrome (like the Elite) then the chrome 'wings' work ok. I just feel that with the black grille surround the chrome seemed a bit unnecessary. And keep your bloody Sharpie away from my wheels
        Last edited by PeteH; 19-09-2019, 12:28 PM.
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          And keep your bloody Sharpie away from my wheels
          Sorry, I can't promise that....both you and Rab are on my hit list. You'll both thank me after my red car black wheel campaign comes to a successful climax.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
          X