Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL improve brightness

Hi all.

Might seem like a funny one but is there a way of actually increasing brightness.

For example although they work alright I see other vehicles on the road both HID and LED which massively overcast my xenon afl.

I'm not looking to blind everyone just seeing if anyone has felt the same as me.

Thank you

They are the best headlights i had. If you drive a different car and go back to your car you would not complain about it. They are bright enough without blinding others

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      They are the best headlights i had. If you drive a different car and go back to your car you would not complain about it. They are bright enough without blinding others
      The issue I have is that my friend has a s6. With there version of AFL and they are clearly brighter and have more range. The bulb was OEM. I have a feeling my chepo Amazon builds ain't cutting it.

Comment

bulbs and optics make a huge difference
        optics you can't change easily but stick to good quality bulbs like osram or philips

Comment

Your bulbs are probably due to replacement.
          Stick to genuine osram 4300k or 5000k

Comment

I get loads of people flashing me or putting there beam on because mine are so bright, best lights I've had a car.

Comment

I put 6000k bulbs in mine loads better and whiter

Comment

Your bulbs will be your biggest issue. Cheap Xenons are cheap for a reason.

Try a pair of Osram cool blue boost and you’ll notice a huge improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
                  I get loads of people flashing me or putting there beam on because mine are so bright, best lights I've had a car.
                  Shouldn't that imply that maybe they're out of alignment?😎😎
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                    Shouldn't that imply that maybe they're out of alignment?����
                    I thought that might be the case mate but it passed an MOT 6 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
                      I thought that might be the case mate but it passed an MOT 6 weeks ago.
                      Fair enough. Although I'd probably dial them down a notch to see if that stops other drivers from flashing me
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Fair enough. Although I'd probably dial them down a notch to see if that stops other drivers from flashing me
                        Can I do this myself?

Comment

Yeah, use the headlamp levelling control
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Yeah, use the headlamp levelling control
                            And how do I do that thead

Comment

What model insignia do you have? For pre-facelift this is page 119 of the user manual:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190925_194441_com.adobe.reader.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	243656
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                              X