No announcement yet.

Insignia sports tourer taken off sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time you lot woke up , you have an Insignia because your past all that.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Im not the biggest fan of the new shape insignia so no loss here, but i do think vauxhall have a marketing issue with these cars. Or did. Also id imagine there will be a massive decline on the uptake of company car drivers going for the current line up of insignias, I decided to bin it and take a company van as HMRC is now taking just under £500 a month in tax for a basic insignia with a fuel card. No thanks.

Comment

To the OP.......
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191012-WA0002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	243783

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
          Volvo V60 or are you putting that in the same bracket as bmw etc? Do they still do the Hyundai i40? Seat Leon still going?
          To Be fair Volvos are in a different price bracket than the Insignia, and the likes of the Seat Leon and the Astra are of the smaller 'C' segment; The Insignia, in all its forms, is now more competitive than ever against a diminished number of competitors, in a diminishing 'D' segment market. The Hyundai I40 was a massive step up from the previous Sonata, as was the Kia Optima compared with it's previous version.

Clearly Kia and Hyundai have well and truly eaten into the market dominated by the likes of Ford and Vauxhall, and the only thing that doesn't appeal about Skoda is the badge, ever since VW took them under their wing IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
            To Be fair Volvos are in a different price bracket than the Insignia, and the likes of the Seat Leon and the Astra are of the smaller 'C' segment; The Insignia, in all its forms, is now more competitive than ever against a diminished number of competitors, in a diminishing 'D' segment market. The Hyundai I40 was a massive step up from the previous Sonata, as was the Kia Optima compared with it's previous version.

Clearly Kia and Hyundai have well and truly eaten into the market dominated by the likes of Ford and Vauxhall, and the only thing that doesn't appeal about Skoda is the badge, ever since VW took them under their wing IMO.
            Saw a very nice looking V60 in Derby yesterday but when i specced what i thought it was it was pretty expensive. Seat is a funny one size way compared to the Insignia, whilst its 400mm shorter with the seats up it has a bigger boot than the Insignia by 27 litres!!

I did consider the i40 and Optima but at the time i wanted a petrol as i wasnt doing the miles for a diesel to work and than limited the market even more!!

Comment

Originally posted by insignia tourer elite nav
              ...insignia sports tourer is no1 car of the year 2011 ...best estate car ever stuff the rest ....
              Lot happened in 8 years including said car being completely redesigned then dropped as folk apparently want SUVs now. Also whilst i like my Grand Sport Tourer had i been given free reign to pick whatever estate i wanted then i can think of a few i'd rather have had!! As mentioned the main reason i went for what i've got is the limited options available to me now even more limited with them dropping the Insignia Tourer.

Comment

Slight aside...just seen a Peugeot 508 estate and it looked quite nice.

Comment

What colour wheels did it have?
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                    What colour wheels did it have?
                    Not sure but dont think they were black!!

Comment

I was behind a 508 this morning, and alongside as I overtook it and looked back at the front, so got a good look at it. Yes it is nice, but way more expensive than the Insignia. Still I like the Kia Stinger even more LOL.

Comment

It's simple, really, PSA doesn't want to pay royalties to GM no more, so they axed the Adam, Insignia Sports Tourer, Mokka and Viva. They still have to pay royalties to GM for the Astra and Insignia Grand Sport, though and it surprises me that they haven't replaced the CDTI engines with their own HDI engines.

Comment

Originally posted by StartUpTheRotors View Post
                          It's simple, really, PSA doesn't want to pay royalties to GM no more, so they axed the Adam, Insignia Sports Tourer, Mokka and Viva. They still have to pay royalties to GM for the Astra and Insignia Grand Sport, though and it surprises me that they haven't replaced the CDTI engines with their own HDI engines.
                          Next Corsa and Astra will have PSA platforms and engines, as will the Mokka replacement. Grandland and Crossland pseudo-SUV's already have them. Insignia replacement if it survives will also have them. The same PSA platforms will also support future all-electric and hybrid models to come.

Comment

Working...
                          X