Insignia sports tourer taken off sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia sports tourer taken off sale

So, following the demise of the country tourer, now its time for the insignia sports tourer to get the chop. Vauxhall are apparently pursuing "high- volume, profitable" models.
    City car is axed earlier than expected, while the brand's largest estate disappeared from its website earlier this month

(Thought this could do with its own thread outside the country tourer one!)
    Insignia B Sports Tourer elite nav, 2.0d 8 speed auto, led matrix headlights, VX line exterior pack, VX line interior pack, Black Siena perforated leather seat trim, 8 inch digital dash, heated leather front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, heated windscreen, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, 20 inch alloys, reverse camera, auto park, power tailgate, Onstar with wifi hotspot and more![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The only thing I can think of , and this is my take on it , is because they are part of the PSA group, the group as a whole are trying to make sure they are not competing against each other in the same sort of market .
    Peugeot have just launched the new 508 which is a very good looking car with a SW version
    I'm not a great fan of French cars but the 508 has caught my eye so much so I'm contemplating getting one next year .
    Though saying that , this year the lease on my van was up ,( Citroen dispatch )
    Was looking at getting a Vauxhall vivaro ( transit size van ) until I saw the new version , which is a Citroen dispatch / Peugeot expert / Toyota high ace and possibly fiat do a version , with just a different badge
    So in that sector they are competing against each other .
    End of the day as with anything it's money that drives any thing .
    Anyway enough waffle from me
    And as I say it's my theory and mine only .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Maybe improved SUV choices are on the way then?
      2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
        Maybe improved SUV choices are on the way then?
        Clearly a PSA decision, and is driven by their own plans to concentrate on their own SUV line-up, which has already been seen in Vauxhall/Opel Grandland and Crossland models, which are effectively rebadged versions of existing Peugeot SUV's using a PSA platform architecture and engines. There is talk of the Mokka replacement going down the same route. In any case all surviving Vauxhall/Opel models will be moved to PSA platforms by 2022. Business-wise it makes perfect commercial sense.

Comment

I somehow don't think that will be
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

The New Peugeot 504 ....looks a bit like an Insignia ..

Comment

Originally posted by insignia tourer elite nav
              ....they was wrong to axe the insignia sports tourer ,,,I like estate cars ....PSA are not my cup of tea at all .......ill ignore them ......end off nuff said ....
              I hear what you're saying but the plain fact is that PSA are more in touch with how things are changing. Admittedly Opel/Vauxhall are catching up, but behind most of the competition. In addition PSA have said that the Astra Sports Tourer is a better bet, satisfying the need of the majority of those who need an 'estate', and sells better than the Insignia offering.

As for PSA, their engines have kept pace with the new emissions targets far quicker than Opel/Vauxhall. Their HDi diesel engines are regarded as class-leading and the 1.6 THP petrol is also well thought of.

Don't get me wrong, but I am disappointed with how VX/Opel have lagged behind the competition such as in the adoption of ESP and Bluetooth (and even an AUX socket in the case of the Vectra (until 2008)) as standard across the range.

Some comfort can be gained by the fact that Opel in Russelheim will head ongoing development of future petrol engines, which apart from the mile-munching diesels, is where the future belongs (along with electrification).

To be honest at my age I will not have to go down the electrification route, but I fear for those who will be forced to do so.

Comment

....they was wrong to axe the insignia sports tourer ,,,I like estate cars ....PSA are not my cup of tea at all .......ill ignore them ......end off nuff said ....
                I thought you weren't saying any more?
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Unfortunately you missed the sarcasm . This site is not a dictatorship

Comment

I don't care if 2017 insignia tourers look like the new peugeot 504...had enough .... ive riped the badges off the rear of my sports tourer in protest ....aaarrrr .....my car is a INSGNIA SPORTS TOURER ..not a PSA car ..its not a Peugeot at all its a Vauxhall british brand that's my opinion ....end off nuff said.......
                    It's actually made by Opel in Germany. Vauxhall just sell them

Comment

On psa note, I have nothing against the cars they make but I would not buy one on Principle, Few years ago they closed down production of peugeot in the UK making 1000s redundant but still want use to purchase there cars, I dont think so,

Comment

I'd just wait and see what happens to be honest, Peugeot are right up with reliability on the JD powers 2019 surveys, so it can't be that bad. The manufacturing will still be done at the same factory with the same people. It may improve the brand for all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                          I'd just wait and see what happens to be honest, Peugeot are right up with reliability on the JD powers 2019 surveys, so it can't be that bad. The manufacturing will still be done at the same factory with the same people. It may improve the brand for all we know.
                          Even you don't believe that yourself....

Comment

Originally posted by Weccu View Post
                            Even you don't believe that yourself....

Comment

Like one president would say....Fake news!

I'm just kidding. Outcome might be pretty sweet...we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X