No announcement yet.

Ditching the halogens, 55w hids or led?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditching the halogens, 55w hids or led?

I’m not sure what’s the best option here, I do a lot of country roads and the halogens are just guff!

Thinking about these led’s

NATGIC 9012 HIR2 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit Super Bright LED Bulbs 16000LM 16 XHP50 Chips Pure White 6500K Waterproof, DC 9-32V, 2 Yr Warranty (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078YS7D..._4uoJDbCQPEHM0

Or these Hids

WinPower Hir2/9012 55W Car HID Xenon Kit with Ballast and CAN-Bus Super Decoder Headlight Replacement Bulb 6000K Pure White,2 Pieces https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QGQXW..._4IoJDbV9GT34J

Look up HNA supplies on Facebook very good price

Comment

I've not long fitted these PIAA Hyper Arros HIR2 Car Headlight Bulbs (Twin Pack. Not xenon or hid , but a lot better than standard bulbs,"BUT" They could be better. I'm looking for the same as you, but undecided at present..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7929BEA4-5B91-4639-A508-B8FA79398AE3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	243663

Went for the hid kit, good buy halogens!

Comment

As the facelift uses the same bulb for both dip and main, the HID is not fully practical. The ability to flash your headlights in the daytime does not really work that well because the HID requires a good 20-30 seconds to warm up to operating temperature - add to that, fitting HID aftermarket is now illegal!

I had HID in the facelift, yes they are good but have their drawbacks - now fitted LED into it as my wife now has the car. Just as good as the HID in my opinion if not a bit better, and the ability to flash in daytime is possible.

Andy Brookes on facebook:
          Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Comment

Im a selfish driver so never need to flash people ��

I’m going to run with the HID for a while, had them years ago in the vectra and found them great. They work better in projector headlamps for better light spread do they not?

Comment

Working...
            X