Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a look for the answer to this in the service schedule but no answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a look for the answer to this in the service schedule but no answer.

My 2015 Elite tourer has a warning on startup that I have to dismiss, service car soon. The car is running perfectly well that I can see and had a service a month ago? Any help appreciated thanks.

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
    My 2015 Elite tourer has a warning on startup that I have to dismiss, service car soon. The car is running perfectly well that I can see and had a service a month ago? Any help appreciated thanks.
    Need to the codes read.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

As above: Car thinks there's a fault and codes need reading.
      Could be as simple as the oil life % wasn't reset which you can do yourself via indicator stalk menus.

Comment

AS above, could be a Glow plug fault. Easy to replace.
        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
          As above: Car thinks there's a fault and codes need reading.
          Could be as simple as the oil life % wasn't reset which you can do yourself via indicator stalk menus.
          I reset the oil as it was 70% but still there. Can you buy a code reader and do it yourself?

Comment

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...9aACCEg&adurl= Some on E-Bay as well Make saure it can read a Vauxhall.
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
              I reset the oil as it was 70% but still there. Can you buy a code reader and do it yourself?
              Some code readers seem OK, some not.
              I don't bother with one because often chasing faults can end up taking lots of time and replacing many parts ('parts darts' - hoping to hit the bullseye) so you might as well let your trusted local mechanic look at it. Sometimes replacing the faulty part doesn't deal with an underlying problem that only a mechanic would be aware of.

Comment

I don't bother with one because often chasing faults can end up taking lots of time and replacing many parts ('parts darts' - hoping to hit the bullseye) so you might as well let your trusted local mechanic look at it. Sometimes replacing the faulty part doesn't deal with an underlying problem that only a mechanic would be aware of.
                cheers mate I'll try a local garage.

Comment

Used my code reader on several occasions and sorted each time, including a glow plug failure. Chasing faults usually when people use guess work trying to confirm a fault.. Garage charge an extortionate amount just for plugging in. Work for me over a number of years.
                  Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                    Used my code reader on several occasions and sorted each time, including a glow plug failure. Chasing faults usually when people use guess work trying to confirm a fault.. Garage charge an extortionate amount just for plugging in. Work for me over a number of years.
                    Can you recommend a code reader then mate?

Comment

It depends on what you wont to spend. Have a look on EBay https://www.tomsguide.com/us/picture...-scanners.html Have a read of this.
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                        I have a good, long-term relationship with my local VX dealer. Our cars are serviced there and as my father would say: 'they look after me' when I have a problem and they'll also speak to Vauxhall to get concessions.

Comment

Working...
                        X