Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most elaborate lies, you have told tour wife/Partner, regarding paying for mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most elaborate lies, you have told tour wife/Partner, regarding paying for mods

Surely this has got to be a thing

I do it all the time

sure Dave, exclusiv will be along to share his tips

Our cars cost us nothing except time

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

My next one is i need a new exhaust

then dual fitted as it cost the same from another garage

Comment

Originally posted by the gas man View Post
        My next one is i need a new exhaust

then dual fitted as it cost the same from another garage
        Yeah that's my plan but not had to replace an exhaust for years .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I never really lied to her. I just never told her, I sold our vectra Sri so I could buy a mk2 Astra gte then eventually sold that to buy another vectra gsi and on those occasions I never told her about it until I turned up with another car outside the house. She has told me that if I ever get another Astra mk2 then it will end up in divorce.

Over the last 14 years I have had 4 Astra mk2’s, 3 vectra Sri’s, 2 vectra gsi’s and now on insignia number 3 although 2 of them where company issue.

Comment

Mines doesn't really bother what I buy or spend on it

Comment

just don't tell them....2 roadtrips to Scotland,1 to Lincolnshire,,and shes no wiser....just keep shhhhtum

if its a noticeable mod,just say its off an accident damaged car....20 quid
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                just don't tell them....2 roadtrips to Scotland,1 to Lincolnshire,,and shes no wiser....just keep shhhhtum

Or your mate gave you it free as he sold his Insignia and had no use for it

Comment

I'm like RBH ,I bought my vectra had it 7 years modded just about to the max then bought the insignia vxr. Wife has never bothered about what i spend on the car.its always been my hobbie, I don't smoke, have the odd beer and she knows I'm happy.

Comment

When I bought the full SRI leather for my car (which now sits in Russ’sss’ss car) I told the wife that a mate of mine was putting his lease car back to standard and needed to fit the cloth trim back in so he would swap it with mine for free.

Worked a treat!

Comment

I'll bet that all of us hope that in the untimely event of death, or other halves don't sell our cars on for what we said we paid for it..
                      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Unilateral View Post
                        When I bought the full SRI leather for my car (which now sits in Russ’sss’ss car) I told the wife that a mate of mine was putting his lease car back to standard and needed to fit the cloth trim back in so he would swap it with mine for free.

Worked a treat!
                        Karl got me it
                        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

I’ve bought **** loads for your car!

Comment

Originally posted by Unilateral View Post
                            I’ve bought **** loads for your car!
                            Yep very true haha
                            The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post

Oh when i came to you i went to pick my knives i left at a venue !

Comment

Working...
                              X