Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water sound in glove compartment

Hello everybody,
    I have water circulation sound around glove compartment. It comes when accelerating or braking, or when engine is on and push gas pedal.
    I did some research, but most what I found was regards water in the passenger doors, but this has been fixed.
    I bought car few months ago, it was all good. First time it came after washing car.

Check the drains in the front scuttle,,ie where water drains into, off the windsceen
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I checked them, there are 2 of them. Both clean and not blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Check the drains in the front scuttle,,ie where water drains into, off the windsceen
        I had same problem in my Vectra, they have been blocked and floor on passenger side was wet. In that case all dry.

Comment

Saddle up MR Vincent and welcome.
          Now my theory comes from a Swedish make of car but ....... on those water use to lie in the bottom of the trough that held the cabin filter ,there was a rubber grommet at the bottom that was use to drain water away but use to get clogged up with leaves and stuff . Don't know if the insignia may suffer the same , because I had that noise once and blow me down if I did not find water lying in it .
          Just a thaught
          Is it a sloshing sound ?

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi,
            it sounds kid of like boiling water when you push gas pedal
            Rubber drainage which is located under the bonnet just before air intake for pollen filter are not blocked. I changed pollen filter, but everything is dry there.
            Can it be a/c drain blocked? As well, is it normal that a/c is on every time I star car? Had so many cars in my life, but never had it before...

Comment

Could be the heater matrix has got an air lock in.
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                Could be the heater matrix has got an air lock in.
                Sorry mate, what does it means?

Comment

Where the heat comes from to warm the inside the car through the blower. That is like a little radiator enclosed inside a plastic box. That is the best way I can describe it. It is all linked to the cooling system.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Whitby has a good point there , me being a heating engineer , knows what he means .
                    A thing to do is when engine cold open expansion cap on header tank see if there is any pressure when you release it .and check jewel .
                    Then put cap back on start engine set heating controls to full heat . warm up car and slowly unscrew the cap to see if any pressure has built up .( wear suitable gloves ) and be very mindful that there is hot coolant in the header tank .see if that helps .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                      Where the heat comes from to warm the inside the car through the blower. That is like a little radiator enclosed inside a plastic box. That is the best way I can describe it. It is all linked to the cooling system.
                      Copy. Thanks

Comment

I did it earlier today. It was no pressure when engine has been cold. Coolant level is good. Tmr will try second part of your suggestion.

Comment

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Check the water drain from the gutter at the front of the windshield, they sometimes block and cause an excess of water to go down a vent pipe there

Comment

Hi guys. First time posting. I am having a similar problem, mainly when pulling off sounds like water running through a pipe behind the dash. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X