nighteye led bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nighteye led bulbs

hi everybody,bought these the other day,they came this morning,fitted them and they dont work,didnt even switch on,so i put original bulbs back in and all is good,got a set of them in my astra and never had any issues,just wondering if anybody has had a similar issue.

Just make sure that the LED's are connected correctly----the power cable needs to be positive to positive===negative to negative---the same happened to mine when I fitted them ----on the plug you might have + and - marked on it------Dave

Comment

They could only clip in one way mate,thats what i thought at first aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
        Just make sure that the LED's are connected correctly----the power cable needs to be positive to positive===negative to negative---the same happened to mine when I fitted them ----on the plug you might have + and - marked on it------Dave
        Thats what it was dave i just went out and tryed the connector the other way,and there fitted and working,cheers again

Comment

No worries Andy, I did exactly the same thing, pleased it's done, saves sending the Led's back - - - Dave

Comment

Hi andy how have these bulbs performed. In light output so far.and were resistors needed.i have a 2011 with h7 bulbs for now and just toying with hid kit or leds.had one set of hids and sent them back maybe they were to cheap not sure but they weren't very good

Comment

Originally posted by andy66 View Post
              Hi andy how have these bulbs performed. In light output so far.and were resistors needed.i have a 2011 with h7 bulbs for now and just toying with hid kit or leds.had one set of hids and sent them back maybe they were to cheap not sure but they weren't very good
              hi mate i have the nighteyes in my astra,have so for a few years now,and no complaints,the ones in my insignia,are the same,but i feel they seem a bit duller,i dont know if its because i have the projectors fitted,the ones in the astra do look brighter i think.

Comment

We've got them in the Merc....and the same as Andy ..... As it's not projector headlights, everybody blinds you .....coz it's blinding them.

Comment

LEDs really need to be fitted in the reflector lights with the metal sheath around the bulb as marko301 will tell you, it creates the right beam pattern, also the position of the led on the shaft plays a large part in this also.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                    LEDs really need to be fitted in the reflector lights with the metal sheath around the bulb as marko301 will tell you, it creates the right beam pattern, also the position of the led on the shaft plays a large part in this also.
                    Yeah,
                    I've tried osram night breakers in the Merc and they're still crap.
                    The hid kit doesn't work at all in the car, so tried the LEDs and voilà, works perfectly but really bright coz they're not projectors.
                    But they're inside the metal sheath and they're still mega bright.

Comment

LEDs really need to be fitted in the reflector lights with the metal sheath around the bulb as @marko301 will tell you, it creates the right beam pattern, also the position of the led on the shaft plays a large part in this also.
                      Originally posted by RBH View Post
                      Yeah,
                      I've tried osram night breakers in the Merc and they're still crap.
                      The hid kit doesn't work at all in the car, so tried the LEDs and voilà, works perfectly but really bright coz they're not projectors.
                      But they're inside the metal sheath and they're still mega bright.
                      Yeah it's trial and error getting the right ones for the job....LED is such a broad term when trying to marry them to the car. The ones Defie forund are the only ones we know of that give the correct beam pattern in the Insignia B. I previously tried two different sets and both were too bright because of light spread.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ok mate thanks think I'm going to leave it for now as don't want to spend money on something that I'm not happy with.or trying this and trying that and then going back to my old bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          Yeah it's trial and error getting the right ones for the job....LED is such a broad term when trying to marry them to the car. The ones Defie forund are the only ones we know of that give the correct beam pattern in the Insignia B. I previously tried two different sets and both were too bright because of light spread.
                          had mine levelled properly the other week,..... my lord!!! what a difference, and same as you Marko, I'm running on one notch lowered, still amazing compared to when first fitted

Comment

had mine levelled properly the other week,..... my lord!!! what a difference, and same as you Marko, I'm running on one notch lowered, still amazing compared to when first fitted
                            Yeah I don't understand why they're not factory fitting them. One of the other admins is getting a new car early next year. I won't say who or what car until he announces it himself but it comes with led lights as standard and it isn't the fancy dancing kind so other manufacturers are starting to do standard led bulbs.
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                            X