Dpf pressure sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf pressure sensor

Had an issue recently where the car went into limp mode - bought opcom and it threw up a dpf pressure sensor fault.
    bought a new one from the main stealers and fitted it - told the ecu through opcom I had replaced it and all was good for about a month.
    same thing has happened again a couple of times recently - so I just tell it that I have replaced it and it runs fine - without replacing it!
    any ideas what would cause this please? DPF is on about 38% .Car is the insignia 2.0 160bhp 2011.
    cheers.

you may have a leak in the pressure pipe work from the silencer (under the handbrake) back to the sensor. As pressure builds it may begin to leak and give false readings to the sensor? Worth checking

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
      you may have a leak in the pressure pipe work from the silencer (under the handbrake) back to the sensor. As pressure builds it may begin to leak and give false readings to the sensor? Worth checking
      thanks, I`ll have a look.
      I should have mentioned that I have fitted 1 of these plug in chips on the car, never had the fault before that.
      I`m reluctant to remove it because its made a massive difference to the car.
      I`m getting approx. 7mpg more and it`s made a good difference to the performance too.

Comment

Originally posted by caiblue View Post
        thanks, I`ll have a look.
        I should have mentioned that I have fitted 1 of these plug in chips on the car, never had the fault before that.
        I`m reluctant to remove it because its made a massive difference to the car.
        I`m getting approx. 7mpg more and it`s made a good difference to the performance too.
        The 'chip' will be tricking the ECU into adding more fuel, but there's no additional air going in so you get a much richer/dirtier/sootier burn which will fill the DPF sooner. The software which calculates DPF status is also being tricked, leading to inaccurate readings regarding how full the DPF is.
        The claimed increase in mpg is quite possibly not true because the ECU is using false figures from the 'chip' to calculate it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
          The 'chip' will be tricking the ECU into adding more fuel, but there's no additional air going in so you get a much richer/dirtier/sootier burn which will fill the DPF sooner. The software which calculates DPF status is also being tricked, leading to inaccurate readings regarding how full the DPF is.
          The claimed increase in mpg is quite possibly not true because the ECU is using false figures from the 'chip' to calculate it.
          Which I found out with my tuning box. Kept putting it into limp mode on one of the settings. Cleared itself once it done a regen. Taken the box off at the moment till I get a chance to fiddle with the settings properly.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
            If it’s an insignia, it doesn’t have a pipe by the handbrake or have I entered the wrong forum ?

Comment

https://img.7zap.com/oem/opel/images_big/G09/143307.png
              pipe work runs from exhaust, 21 to sensor 31.

Comment

Working...
              X