Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions of front shock bushes

Hello
    Does anyone know the dimensions of the highlighted bush for the front shocks of insignia A20NHT 2009
    I want to check if I can find a polyurethane one that might fit in place of rubber one

That is not a bush, it is a strut bearing, As far I know there are replacement parts but not poly-ish

Comment

You can get beefed up replacements, bad road package. I measured one in my parts bin. The bit that sits into the turret, where the arrow is pointing, the widest part (bottom of taper) is 120mm, top of the taper 112mm and the thickness is 21mm. If that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by alihijazi View Post
        Hello
        Does anyone know the dimensions of the highlighted bush for the front shocks of insignia A20NHT 2009
        I want to check if I can find a polyurethane one that might fit in place of rubber one
        Do you have a specific problem with the strut?

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
          Do you have a specific problem with the strut?
          The car drives and handles perfectly but sometimes when I steer right or when I brake on bumpy road I hear a harsh clung sound
          I went to several workshops and they all assured nothing wrong in the bushes or ball joints

Comment

Dimensions of front shock bushes

To be honest, I do not think another type of material will fix it. You first need to be sure it is coming from there. The “bush” you are referring to sits seated/stuck in the car (sorry for my english) it is not going anywhere and is not moving left or right. It is the bearing beneath it which is moving, which is part of the “bush”

But, when your strut bearing is broken, usally this is the sound it will create when steering left to right.

Is this the sound?

Comment

That strut bearing might be stuck and don't work properly. That's main reason why that "clung" sound comes and it might, and will eventually, snap your spring.
              So I would vote for those. Sometimes, if not been stuck too long, those can be saved by opening them up and clean+new grease in the bearings.

EDIT. Same that Crunch81 said before me...

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                To be honest, I do not think another type of material will fix it. You first need to be sure it is coming from there. The “bush” you are referring to sits seated/stuck in the car (sorry for my english) it is not going anywhere and is not moving left or right. It is the bearing beneath it which is moving, which is part of the “bush”

But, when your strut bearing is broken, usally this is the sound it will create when steering left to right.

Is this the sound?
                No not like this
                I will make a video tomorrow and send it to you

Comment

Working...
                X