Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports Tourer owners: What shocks you use (not FlexiRide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Tourer owners: What shocks you use (not FlexiRide)

I bought Eibach -30mm springs for my Insignia, because I loved them in my 2012 plate Astra (also ST, 2.0cdti, 160hp).
    Maybe it's because the Insignia is close to aircraft carrier in size and weight (not that Astra was anywhere near a lightweight), especially the rear end feels much softer with original springs and shocks than in Astra.
    Does the lowering springs make it less "bouncy" (for example, when going over speedbumps)?
    From factory, these Insignias came with same shocks, no matter if you have Normal or Sport-chassis option.

And if you have replaced your shocks, what is your recommendation or what is just pure waste of money? I have always trusted Sachs-brand and it gives also same shocks to normal or lowered chassis.

And FYI, my current shocks are just fine. Those are checked on yearly mot-inspection and it was about 5 months ago.

I'd stick with Sachs.
    I've not lowered my Insignia, but i lowered my last car ( Vectra C ) with 30mm eibachs and used the OEM Sachs on them. When I lowered it, it was only 3 years old. When I replaced them after 2 years ( not because they needed it, I just wanted them renewed ) I replaced them with Sachs super touring shocks.
    Expensive yes, but we'll worth it.
    I had the car 7 years and sold it on with the same spring/shock combination.

They have been replaced by a coil over kit by the new owner and sits lower now ( not my cuppa )

I'd stick with Sachs buddy.

Comment

For what I have found out, Sachs only gives one option form my car:
      Front shocks = 315437 (left) & 315438 (right)
      Rear shocks = 315439

Comment

Originally posted by Weccu View Post
        For what I have found out, Sachs only gives one option form my car:
        Front shocks = 315437 (left) & 315438 (right)
        Rear shocks = 315439
        Looks like they've downscaled for the ST range.

Comment

Yeah...one option is of course go Bilstein B6 or B8, but my wallet is screaming in agonizing pain for even thought of that option.

Comment

Yeah...one option is of course go Bilstein B6 or B8, but my wallet is screaming in agonizing pain for even thought of that option.
            That's an expensive option but maybe the only option unless you buy cheap.

Buy cheap you buy twice in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              That's an expensive option but maybe the only option unless you buy cheap.

Buy cheap you buy twice in my opinion.
              My opinion too...I'm not mentally ready to tell myself that just yet...

Comment

My shocks went on my elite tourer and I went to GSF to get new ones only to find out when I got home I have self levelling ones fitted.
                £449+ vat each from vauxhall but went to autovaux and got them for £765 with the top mount and dust cover

Comment

Oh well....it's only money. After some research (more info, more pain to wallet) I've come to conclusion that if I want nice and comfy = Sachs or if I want a bit stiffer and a bit better handling = Bilstein B8
                  And Bilstein B8 + those Eibach springs what I already have = Eibach B12 Pro kit. So that's a bit no-brainer, those are designed to work together. thead

So...I have whole winter time to figure out how and what I'm going to explain to my wifey when spring comes....

Comment

Oh well....it's only money. After some research (more info, more pain to wallet) I've come to conclusion that if I want nice and comfy = Sachs or if I want a bit stiffer and a bit better handling = Bilstein B8
                    And Bilstein B8 + those Eibach springs what I already have = Eibach B12 Pro kit. So that's a bit no-brainer, those are designed to work together. thead

So...I have whole winter time to figure out how and what I'm going to explain to my wifey when spring comes....
                    Don’t you mean she’ll be in for a SHOCK when the SPRINGS arrive

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                      Don’t you mean she’ll be in for a SHOCK when the SPRINGS arrive
                      Springs have already arrived and some vague explanation has been given to wifey already of those. But you're right, I think that if (and when) I pull the trigger on those Bilsteins, even those can't ABSORB that SHOCK that comes then.

Comment

I use KW Shocks Version 1

Comment

Working...
                        X