L.E.D Number plate lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.E.D Number plate lights

Has anyone fitted the upgrade led number plate lights. I'm looking at a set online which come with no error ballast. If so, are they any good, and do they last. Furthermore are they legal..

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
    Has anyone fitted the upgrade led number plate lights. I'm looking at a set online which come with no error ballast. If so, are they any good, and do they last. Furthermore are they legal..
    Extremely bright.
    I've got the no error ballast in mine.....and work fine.

Comment

Work great

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yeah mine work ok too---went through MOT no problem---mine are the same as Rab's---Dave

Comment

Cheers guys, just ordered some. I'll post how they go...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D262AD1-41B1-44FD-9960-F07F53E7A6B2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	243747

Got these of amazon, makes a big difference and helps with rear view camera slightly.

Comment

Camera makes them brighter than what they are,but still very bright compared to old. Had in for a year now, no issues as yet

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I bought a cheapo set that brought up an error, but the set I have in now are brilliant, no need for reverse lights. I forget where they came from, but I asked my MOT place who said perfectly legal.

Comment

Too bright for my liking so I took them out

Comment

anybody got a link for these?
                    Chris

Comment

I have these in,with resistors though,been in for over two years no issues:
                      For Opel / Vauxhall Astra H Hatchback / Twin Top Convertible 2004-2010. Astra J Hatchback 2010+ (Not fit Sport Tourer). Insignia 2009+. Corsa C 2001-2006. Corsa D Hatchback 2007+. 6000K xenon HID white color light temp.
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Well. Fitted them to my car, super bright, look the dogs. My only issue is that they are a bit of a loose fit, seems like the sponge seals are a bit thin. These are fitted to my zafira, which apparently aren't part of the canbus system, they even work without error when I unplug the ballast. So, I've refitted the original light units, with 501 led bulbs, they are just as good, but I know they're not going to fall out when I go over rough roads and speed bumps. Basically, I've wasted £13...

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                          Well. Fitted them to my car, super bright, look the dogs. My only issue is that they are a bit of a loose fit, seems like the sponge seals are a bit thin. These are fitted to my zafira, which apparently aren't part of the canbus system, they even work without error when I unplug the ballast. So, I've refitted the original light units, with 501 led bulbs, they are just as good, but I know they're not going to fall out when I go over rough roads and speed bumps. Basically, I've wasted £13...
                          They're all like that buddy.
                          I gently heat the clips on mine and brought them out a bit.....nice and snug now.

Comment

Working...
                          X