Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilovers

Hi all,

This summer I bought new 20 inch wheels for insignia. Now I'm looking to buy a coilovers, because my car looks like Suv. Firstly I was looking at D2 racing brand, but when I have read reviews it seems that they are not that great and costs around 1k, also I was watching KW V1 coilovers but didn't find anything intresting about them. Maybe you guys have any advices what to buy?

Btw sorry for my poor english, I'm not from the UK.
    Attached Files

Have you got flexride ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

No it is without flexride

Comment

a few in uk have used gecko ,but they are expensive too. have you not thought about lowering springs ? nice looking insignia you have
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks, actually i didn't think about lowering springs, because I thought that they aren't that good as coilovers, but as I read other post, majority members of this forum using it.

Comment

JOM have a cheap coilover set.

Comment

Originally posted by Feellas View Post
              Thanks, actually i didn't think about lowering springs, because I thought that they aren't that good as coilovers, but as I read other post, majority members of this forum using it.
              "Good" is a matter of taste and what you like. -30mm springs will work with standard shocks and it's pretty comfy. If you like stiffer, then Eibach B12 kit is good option, not that cheap thou (includes Eibach -30mm springs and Bilstein B8 shocks).
              And if you want to lower your car more or want it very stiff, then coils are way to go.

Comment

I have a KW coilover set and it is working great.
                There is also a possibility to go 40/35 mm with OPE1385 lowering springs from Intrax. They are for tourer but also fit Sedan. I had them 1,5 years on my car

Comment

I have the STANCE coil overs on my elite and so far I am very pleased with them

Comment

You have V1 or V3 KW set? Is worth to pay 1k+ € for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Feellas View Post
                      You have V1 or V3 KW set? Is worth to pay 1k+ € for them?
                      V1. I had 3 coils broken with flexride which are 400€ a piece, so it was not hard to make the choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X