Better headlight bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better headlight bulbs

Have recently changed the standard headlight bulbs to led bulbs on my facelift, and tonight was my first proper test with them in the dark and I’m quite disappointed with them. They look lovely and bright but for actually being able to light up the road they are rubbish. Can anyone recommend better bulbs to try.

It's the reflector headlights not just the bulbs. LEDs will be awful and just dazzle other users. Try osram night breakers for light output

Comment

Facelift projectors are pretty poor, no matter which brand of ordinary type bulb you put in. Have used night breakers etc in the past and although some improvement, the bulbs don't last very long and it gets expensive keep changing them.
      Haven't tried LED for the same reason your post suggests, numerous comment on the net that they look bright enough but is questionable as too how much light actually makes it as far as the road. Only solution I have found is HID, swapped out for MOT if necessary.

Comment

I guess the led bulbs you bought weren't too expensive?
        If they were, then you'd see the road without any issues.

The cheaper end of the led market promise all the bells and whistles but don't live up to the hype.

If your on a budget, then the only way to go is a HID kit.

I've had my kit in for nearly 2 years without any issues and lighting the road is superb.......and it cost £14.99

Comment

The led bulbs I bought where £40 so wouldn’t say to cheap. I tried adjusting the headlights up a bit, but the range from he bulbs was terrible on the road. I did come from a car that had led headlights from the factory and they where amazing so I’m trying not to compare the insignia to my previous car, but I did think the led bulbs would be better. Any recommendations for a bid kit guys?

Comment

Originally posted by JamieD View Post
            The led bulbs I bought where £40 so wouldn’t say to cheap. I tried adjusting the headlights up a bit, but the range from he bulbs was terrible on the road. I did come from a car that had led headlights from the factory and they where amazing so I’m trying not to compare the insignia to my previous car, but I did think the led bulbs would be better. Any recommendations for a bid kit guys?
            I tried LEDs from cheap to an expensive set and wasn't impressed and went back to a HID kit. No problems with the MOT, wasn't even mentioned.

Personally I have this kit in my Insignia

2 x Ac 9012 HIR2 Bulbs. 35W Canbus. 55W Canbus. Super Canbus. Canbus 501 T10 Leds. Canbus Festoon Leds. HID Xenon KitsHID Xenon Kits. These kits are developed by our in-house engineers, who work closely with the manufacturer to our exacting specifications.

A bit more expensive now as I paid £44 a couple years ago. I've had them since I got the car and I have only had 1 issue with a ballast that failed. They honoured their 2 year warranty and sent me out a new ballast on return of my old one for investigation.

Comment

Get these......

Comment

Live in the Scottish Borders, and need good headlights, especially full beam on narrow icy unlit roads!! What's my best option as very disappointed with the factory ones - insignia 2016 tourer.

Comment

4300k 55w HID kit, IMO

Comment

i have 9012 LED's from koomtoom (the blue ones) 8000lm but will soon be getting the red ones 12000lm, have a look on amazon, no error on dash either

this is my output on dipped beam
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	dipped.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	243925

full beam

Name:	full.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	243926

Comment

HID dip and main

Name:	dip.jpg (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	243934

Name:	main.jpg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	243935

Comment

Thanks for replys - when I plug my car details into Ebay- says the lights in the links above are not compatible!! Getting com fused as dont want to fork out, o ly to have to return and wait for others!!
                        Car details are - Vauxhall Insignia sports tourer 5dr 1.6Cdti 136ps 16v.
                        Any idea as to why I can't buy what's been suggested??

Comment

Originally posted by g.b.marshall View Post
                          Thanks for replys - when I plug my car details into Ebay- says the lights in the links above are not compatible!! Getting com fused as dont want to fork out, o ly to have to return and wait for others!!
                          Car details are - Vauxhall Insignia sports tourer 5dr 1.6Cdti 136ps 16v.
                          Any idea as to why I can't buy what's been suggested??
                          you need 9012 bulbs pal
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Ebay search for P1 FCO bulbs mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Redlands View Post
                              HID dip and main

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2747[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2748[/ATTACH]
                              Hi mate, have you got a link for these bulbs? And are they easy to install? I’m getting fed up of not seeing much!

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                              X